Written, Directed, Produced by and Stars Dante Aubain and Danny Summonte
Released August 2017
Reviewed by Alyssa Hunt
There are movies that cost millions upon millions of dollars and become instant successes, long before the title even leaves the cutting board. Then there are those that can’t even get a foot in the door, causing production studios to fizzle and fly on a distant breeze. And then there are those movies that cost about $150, is edited on Adobe’s Premiere Pro software and is a total winner! That’s how I feel about Mannequin. A 10-minute movie short written, directed, produced, and starring Dante Aubain and Danny Summonte.
The story is about a guy who finds a strange box on his doorstep one day. There’s no label for a return address and no one’s around who could have possibly delivered. So what does he do? He takes it inside, of course, then proceeds to make mistake after inconceivable mistake known to horror movie watchers everywhere! But it had to happen, and you find out at the very end.
What I think I liked most about this movie was the fact that it was made on a simple budget. Heck, I can’t even afford Adobe Premiere Pro! But everything looked top-notch about it. The editing, sound, you name it- it was great. I do believe Aubain and Summonte have a future in filming.
- Darkness Reigns – Movie Review - June 15, 2018
- Gilchrist – Book Review - April 30, 2018
- Keep the Gaslight Burning – Movie Review - March 14, 2018
- The Hematophages – Book Review - March 9, 2018
- Residue – Movie Review - March 1, 2018
- Skybound – Movie Review - January 8, 2018
- The Forgotten – Movie Review - January 4, 2018
- Night of the Unspeakable – Movie Review - January 1, 2018
- A Brilliant Monster – Movie Review - November 2, 2017
- Almost Halloween – Movie Review - November 1, 2017