Produced and Directed by Eric Blue
Written by Traci Carroll and Eric Blue
Starring Rachel Marie Lewis, Jason Burkey, Jon Briddell, and RJ Shearer
Released June 10, 2016
Reviewed by Alyssa Hunt
A group of hikers follow a guide onto a mountain of awaiting horrors. Beacon Point is a movie that leads you into unspeakable confusion, terror, and anger before gently depositing you into a bed of utter nothingness.
Hikers, set on finding the perfect view, follow a guide with a precarious secret. Even when lead past the scene of a what is determined to be an animal attack, they venture on to engage with an unknown entity. And what it wants, no human surrenders freely.
Beacon Point started off with my interest peaked. I saw what I’d hoped to be full of potential, but it quickly fizzled out, leaving me flustered. I won’t provide any spoilers, because you know I just don’t do those, but I can say, when I discovered what was really happening, I wanted to end the movie then and there. It’s always the same thing – especially when it comes to movies located on high mountain ranges or in forests.
The characters were slightly likable and the few jabs and laughs were fun. The side character, Zoe, carried purpose but her actions didn’t speak for her previously shown situation, or her personality. Drake was the so-called male villain, but I liked him. He was stable in his instability and his acting was on point! The others were minor and insignificant, but they played their roles, allowing the movie to work. Sadly, none of the aforementioned changes the fact that at the ending left me feeling a bit cheated.
I won’t say it was awful, but it wasn’t good either. I still rate it higher than most movies of this particular theme. Beacon Point released June 10, 2016 and is available on YouTube, iTunes, Amazon, and more.
- Darkness Reigns – Movie Review - June 15, 2018
- Gilchrist – Book Review - April 30, 2018
- Keep the Gaslight Burning – Movie Review - March 14, 2018
- The Hematophages – Book Review - March 9, 2018
- Residue – Movie Review - March 1, 2018
- Skybound – Movie Review - January 8, 2018
- The Forgotten – Movie Review - January 4, 2018
- Night of the Unspeakable – Movie Review - January 1, 2018
- A Brilliant Monster – Movie Review - November 2, 2017
- Almost Halloween – Movie Review - November 1, 2017