Academy Award® nominee Ellen Page (Best Actress, Juno, 2007), Diego Luna (Rogue One) and Nina Dobrev (The Vampire Diaries) star in the contemporary take on the 90’s fan-favorite FLATLINERS, debuting on digital December 12 and on Blu-ray™ and DVD December 26 from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment. The supernatural thriller follows five medical students obsessed with what lies beyond the confines of life. They embark on a daring experiment: by stopping their hearts for short periods, each triggers a near-death experience – giving them a firsthand account of the afterlife. Also experiencing the chilling consequences of exploring the one line that should never be crossed are James Norton (War & Peace), Kiersey Clemons (Justice League), and Kiefer Sutherland (the original Flatliners).
The bonus content for FLATLINERS on digital, Blu-ray and DVD includes two behind-the-scenes featurettes. “Just What the Doctor Ordered” catch the cast and crew reflecting on working with Director Niels Arden Oplev (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2009), Dead Man Down), along with an interview from Niels on his directing style and vision. In “The Ultimate Question,” the cast and crew decide whether or not they would flatline if they could and offer the revealing reasons behind their decisions.
The FLATLINERS digital and Blu-ray releases are loaded with additional exclusive bonus material, including deleted and extended scenes, plus two more behind-the-scenes featurettes. The featurette “Reviving a Cult Classic” explores the differences in tone, concepts and creative design from the original film and the update, featuring comments from producer and film icon Michael Douglas, while in “Making the Rounds,” the cast shares what intrigued them most about their characters, their experiences on the set, and their favorite film moments.
Synopsis: Five medical students, hoping to gain insight into the mystery of what lies beyond the confines of life, embark on a daring and dangerous experiment. By stopping their hearts for short periods of time, each triggers a near-death experience. As the investigation becomes more and more perilous, they are forced to confront the sins of their pasts, as well as contend with the supernatural consequences of trespassing to the other side.
Directed by Niels Arden Oplev with a story by Peter Filardi and a screenplay by Ben Ripley, FLATLINERS was produced by Laurence Mark, Michael Douglas and Peter Safran and executive produced by Michael Bederman, Robert Mitas, David Blackman, Brian Oliver and Hassan Taher.
Digital & Blu-ray Bonus Materials Include:
Deleted & Extended Scenes
“Reviving a Cult Classic”
“Making the Rounds”
“Just What the Director Ordered”
“The Ultimate Question”
DVD Bonus Materials Include:
”Just What the Director Ordered”
“The Ultimate Question”
FLATLINERS has a run time of approximately 110 minutes and is rated PG-13 for violence and terror, sexual content, language, thematic material, and some drug references.
- The Third Trailer is Out for ‘Bright’ - December 17, 2017
- ‘The Occultist’ is Resurrected in Otherworldly Collection - December 16, 2017
- Are You Ready to Open ‘The Bone Box?’ - December 15, 2017
- Enjoy Some ‘SNL’-Inspired Gift Wrapping! - December 14, 2017
- ‘Attack of the Evil Poop:’ Not a Crappy Game! Indiegogo is Now Live! - December 13, 2017
- ‘Archie Comics’ is Set to Give Us “Vampironica!” - December 13, 2017
- Pre-Order ‘Hellmut: The Badass from Hell’ on GOG to Join Closed Beta - December 12, 2017
- The First Trailer is Out for ‘Alita: Battle Angel’ - December 11, 2017
- ‘Once Upon a Time at Christmas’ Available December 11th - December 11, 2017
- We Know You Want to Find Out When ‘Tyler Perry’s Boo! A Madea Halloween 2′ Blu-ray’ is Coming Out! - December 10, 2017