In anticipation of Ghostbusters Day tomorrow, the anniversary of the classic comedy which released 34 years ago on June 8, 1984, Wizard World, Sony Pictures, and Ghost Corps have teamed up to announce an extraordinary live event, the Ghostbusters Fan Fest presented by Wizard World, to be held June 8-9, 2019 at Ghost Corps headquarters on the famed Sony Pictures Studio Lot in Culver City, Calif.
Wizard World (OTCBB: WIZD), which produces the largest touring pop culture convention series, will produce the Ghostbusters Fan Fest.
Ghostbusters Fan Fest presented by Wizard World will be the ultimate celebration of the film, which starred Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, Sigourney Weaver, Harold Ramis, Rick Moranis,andErnie Hudson, and was directed byIvan Reitman and written by Dan Aykroyd and Harold Ramis. For the 35th anniversary, fans will participate in exclusive panels, meet the Ghostbusters creators, talent, and crew, and experience Ghostbusters augmented reality and virtual reality games.
The celebration is officially ON at Wizard World Comic Con Columbus (http://wizd.me/ColumbusPR) this weekend, with any fan cosplaying in Ghostbusters attire receiving a single-day admission to the event, by visiting the Special Guest Registration booth and showing off his/her Ghostbusters attire. Attendees can also take part in themed events such as a “Slimer” demonstration, trivia, and more at Wizard World’s eighth annual trip to Columbus.
“Wizard World is proud to team with Sony Pictures and Ghost Corps to celebrate the anniversary of a film which has been the source of enjoyment for so many of our fans over the years,” said John D. Maatta, Wizard World CEO. “We are honored that these keepers of the Ghostbusters legacy have entrusted us with producing the high-quality events that we are known for, and are pleased to continue our IP collaboration with Sony Pictures in such a significant way. Sony Pictures continues to be creative and innovative in all of our dealing with them.”
“Ghostbusters continues to have a strong fan base across the world and we are pleased to celebrate the 35th anniversary with a collaboration with Wizard World,” addedJeffrey Godsick, Executive Vice President, Brand Strategy and Global Partnerships for Sony Pictures. “We know they will create great experiences at all of their conventions, and they are pulling out all the stops in creating the ultimate fan experience for the Ghostbusters Fan Fest next year.”
Over the next year, Wizard World will present a touring experience at Wizard World Comic Con events throughout the country featuring a pop-up shop with exclusive Ghostbusters merchandise. Next year, following the Ghostbusters Fan Fest Event, Wizard World will continue to tour the additional elements debuted for the 35th anniversary celebration. Details will be linked at www.wizardword.com
Fans can learn more about the Ghostbusters Fan Fest presented by Wizard World starting tomorrow at www.ghostbusters.com.
- ‘eyes I dare not meet in dreams’ by Sunny Moraine - October 7, 2019
- Bill Hodges Returns in the Trailer for MR. MERCEDES Season 3 - August 21, 2019
- Release Details and Cover Art for Tom Savini’s Official Biography SAVINI - August 7, 2019
- IDW Publishing Announces Comic Book Series Based on Stephen King and Owen King’s SLEEPING BEAUTIES - July 29, 2019
- From Raw Dog Screaming Press: Preorder STEEL SHADOWS by J.L. Gribble - July 26, 2019
- Available Now from Crystal Lake Publishing: A new Poetry Collection by Stoker Award-Winners Linda D. Addison and Alessandro Manzetti - July 24, 2019
- From Raw Dog Screaming Press: Preorder On the Night Border by James Chambers - July 22, 2019
- From SDCC 2019: Watch the Trailer for New CREEPSHOW Series - July 19, 2019
- Evil Moves in Next Door in the Teaser Trailer & Poster for THE WRETCHED - July 18, 2019
- Hex Studios Unleashes A Legion of Demons In ‘For We Are Many’ - July 18, 2019