The Orchard will open the film in theaters on November 10, and it has just been announced that THELMA is Norway’s official Oscar® entry for Best Foreign Language Film. Following its TIFF premiere, the film will be shown at Fantastic Fest and New York Film Festival.
Thelma, a shy young student, has just left her religious family in a small town on the west coast of Norway to study at a university in Oslo. While at the library one day, she experiences a violent, unexpected seizure. Soon after, she finds herself intensely drawn toward Anja, a beautiful young student who reciprocates Thelma’s powerful attraction. As the semester continues, Thelma becomes increasingly overwhelmed by her intense feelings for Anja – feelings she doesn’t dare acknowledge, even to herself – while at the same time experiencing even more extreme seizures. As it becomes clearer that the seizures are a symptom of inexplicable, often dangerous, supernatural abilities, Thelma is confronted with tragic secrets of her past, and the terrifying implications of her powers.
- ‘The 13th Friday’ Premieres on Digital this October! - September 20, 2017
- Are You Ready to ‘Die Laughing?’ - September 19, 2017
- Dark Horse Books Announces the ‘Hellboy’ Omnibus Collection - September 18, 2017
- ‘Stone Cold Dead’ Out on DVD and Blu-ray October 3rd, 2017 - September 18, 2017
- You’d ‘Better Watch Out’ for This New Red Band Trailer! - September 17, 2017
- ‘Rawhead Rex’ Out on Blu-ray and DVD October 17th, 2017 - September 16, 2017
- Check Out the Official Trailer for ‘Tragedy Girls’ - September 15, 2017
- The ‘Itsy Bitsy’ Trailer Isn’t For Anyone Afraid of Spiders! - September 14, 2017
- ‘The Exorcist’ meets ‘Stranger Things’ in ‘Watch Over Us,’ Premiering on VOD this September - September 13, 2017
- Check Out the ‘Blood Dynasty’ Trailer! - September 13, 2017