Matthew Currie Holmes’ directorial debut, Buckout Road, just won its first film festival award and released a full-length trailer. This supernatural thriller is produced by John Gillespie & Brad Clark and stars Evan Ross (The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Lee Daniels’ Star), Henry Czerny (Mission: Impossible, Quantico), Dominique Provost-Chalkley (Wynona Earp, Avengers: Age Of Ultron), Danny Glover (Lethal Weapon I-IV), and Colm Feore (House of Cards, Thor).
Having just started its festival run, Buckout Road already won Best Thriller Feature Film at the Hot Springs Horror Film Festival. This award-winning film is also nominated for Best Picture and Best Director at the World Music and Independent Film Festival.
October screenings for Buckout Road will be held in Nashville, Tennessee on October 7 at 3:15pm as part of the International Black Film Festival; and Toronto, Ontario on October 13 at 7:00pm as part of Commffest 2017.
Tickets for both screenings are available:
COMMFFEST (Toronto): http://www.commffest.com/content/buckout-road
Buckout Road might be known as the most haunted road in New York State, but nobody really believed it… until now. A college class project on modern mythology turns deadly when a trio of students discovers a series of horrific urban legends surrounding Buckout Road may actually be true. The deeper they dig into the road’s dark, mysterious history, the more dangerous their quest becomes. From witches burning at the stake, to backwoods albino killers, to a modern, unstoppable stalker, writer/director and horror-film aficionado Matthew Currie Holmes leaves no genre unexploited in his loving throwback to late-80’s midnight movies.
Matthew Currie Holmes had this to say about horror: My favorite thing about the horror genre is that, at its core, horror is good, simple drama… but with way higher stakes.
For more information about Buckout Road please visit:
OFFICIAL WEBSITE: www.buckoutroadthemovie.com
- Dark Horse Books to Publish ‘Brooklyn Blood,’ A Police Procedural from Paul Levitz and Tim Hamilton - June 21, 2018
- ‘Last House on the Left’ (1972) Available on Blu-ray July 3rd, 2018 - June 20, 2018
- Dark Horse Brings Back the Kaiju-Packed Chaos of ‘Gamma’ - June 20, 2018
- Mary Robinette Kowal and Lawrence C. Connolly, Wednesday, June 20th at the KGB Bar - June 19, 2018
- ‘Stranger Things’ Comes to Dark Horse - June 18, 2018
- Bram Stoker’s ‘Shadowbuilder’ Coming August 28th from MVD Rewind - June 17, 2018
- Watch the First Trailer for ‘The Nun’ - June 16, 2018
- ‘Breaking In’ Unrated Director’s Cut Coming to Blu-ray and DVD This August from Universal Pictures Home Entertainment - June 15, 2018
- ‘Avengers #7’ to Reveal the Origin of the First Ghost Rider - June 14, 2018
- E3 2018: Watch the 8-Minute Trailer for ‘Death Stranding’ - June 12, 2018