Psychological thriller feature film The Redeeming is to play its WORLD PREMIERE screening at the Horror-on-Sea Film Festival in Southend, Essex, UK at 2.30pm on 28th January 2018. https://www.horror-on-sea.com/sunday-28th-january
Director Brian Barnes beams, “I’m thrilled that we get to show off The Redeeming at the Horror-on-Sea Film Festival, as they’re a lively audience of dedicated genre fans who will lap up the mesmerising concoction we have prepared for them.”
This edge-of-your-seat thriller is a captivating cat-and-mouse game that plays out over the course of one night, where you’re never quite sure what will happen next. Disturbed single mother Joyce (Tracey Ann Wood) must protect her home from mysterious stranger John (Ryan Wichert), but her struggle to hold onto her sanity could doom them both.
The Redeeming was shot in Somerset, Southwest England, UK in January 2014 during the terrible flooding and storms. Rising floodwaters trapped the cast and crew in the house featured in the film.
Brian says of the shoot, “We channelled the isolation and claustrophobia of our predicament to ramp up the tension in the film. Many scenes were shot by candlelight, which adds to the magical atmosphere of the film.”
Lead actor Ryan Wichert (star of Germany’s Grimme-Preis nominated WDR TV show The Unlikely Events of…) adds, “The script was really gripping and unpredictable. That whole play of what is real and what is in Joyce’s imagination. That was a very exciting journey for the audience to go on.”
Lead actress Tracey Ann Wood (star of the UK’s Royal National Theatre) enthuses, “I’ve had a ball playing Joyce! The house almost represented her mind, and the different rooms different parts of her personality.”
After The Redeeming plays the festival, you can watch it on iTunes, Google Play, and Amazon Instant Video and it will roll out across other VOD platforms in due course.
For fans of big-screen films, we are also setting up a crowd-funded screening in London’s West End in February or March. Details will follow.
- John Carpenter’s ‘Halloween’ Coming to 4K Ultra HD on September 25th - August 1, 2018
- Watch the Trailer for M. Night Shyamalan’s ‘Glass’ - July 31, 2018
- Dark Horse Books to Publish ‘Brooklyn Blood,’ A Police Procedural from Paul Levitz and Tim Hamilton - June 21, 2018
- ‘Last House on the Left’ (1972) Available on Blu-ray July 3rd, 2018 - June 20, 2018
- Dark Horse Brings Back the Kaiju-Packed Chaos of ‘Gamma’ - June 20, 2018
- Mary Robinette Kowal and Lawrence C. Connolly, Wednesday, June 20th at the KGB Bar - June 19, 2018
- ‘Stranger Things’ Comes to Dark Horse - June 18, 2018
- Bram Stoker’s ‘Shadowbuilder’ Coming August 28th from MVD Rewind - June 17, 2018
- Watch the First Trailer for ‘The Nun’ - June 16, 2018
- ‘Breaking In’ Unrated Director’s Cut Coming to Blu-ray and DVD This August from Universal Pictures Home Entertainment - June 15, 2018