Psychological thriller feature film The Redeeming is to play its WORLD PREMIERE screening at the Horror-on-Sea Film Festival in Southend, Essex, UK at 2.30pm on 28th January 2018. https://www.horror-on-sea.com/sunday-28th-january
Director Brian Barnes beams, “I’m thrilled that we get to show off The Redeeming at the Horror-on-Sea Film Festival, as they’re a lively audience of dedicated genre fans who will lap up the mesmerising concoction we have prepared for them.”
This edge-of-your-seat thriller is a captivating cat-and-mouse game that plays out over the course of one night, where you’re never quite sure what will happen next. Disturbed single mother Joyce (Tracey Ann Wood) must protect her home from mysterious stranger John (Ryan Wichert), but her struggle to hold onto her sanity could doom them both.
The Redeeming was shot in Somerset, Southwest England, UK in January 2014 during the terrible flooding and storms. Rising floodwaters trapped the cast and crew in the house featured in the film.
Brian says of the shoot, “We channelled the isolation and claustrophobia of our predicament to ramp up the tension in the film. Many scenes were shot by candlelight, which adds to the magical atmosphere of the film.”
Lead actor Ryan Wichert (star of Germany’s Grimme-Preis nominated WDR TV show The Unlikely Events of…) adds, “The script was really gripping and unpredictable. That whole play of what is real and what is in Joyce’s imagination. That was a very exciting journey for the audience to go on.”
Lead actress Tracey Ann Wood (star of the UK’s Royal National Theatre) enthuses, “I’ve had a ball playing Joyce! The house almost represented her mind, and the different rooms different parts of her personality.”
After The Redeeming plays the festival, you can watch it on iTunes, Google Play, and Amazon Instant Video and it will roll out across other VOD platforms in due course.
For fans of big-screen films, we are also setting up a crowd-funded screening in London’s West End in February or March. Details will follow.
- Scream Factory Wants to Teach ‘Of Unknown Origins’ - February 17, 2018
- ‘City of the Dead’ (1960) Available on DVD and Blu-ray March 13th - February 16, 2018
- Loved ‘Ash Vs Evil Dead’ Season 2? You’ll Love These New Figures! - February 16, 2018
- Cassandra Khaw and Peternelle van Arsdale Wednesday, February 21st at the KGB Bar - February 15, 2018
- ‘Twilight People’ (1972) Available on Blu-ray and DVD March 13th - February 14, 2018
- This April Take Home ‘Deep Blue Sea 2!’ - February 14, 2018
- This May You Can Visit ‘The House That Dripped Blood!’ - February 13, 2018
- ‘Diviner’ by Dawn G. Harris Available in March from Telos Publishing - February 12, 2018
- ‘House of the Edge of the Park’ and ‘Last House on Massacre Street’ Double-Feature Blu-Ray Out March 6th - February 11, 2018
- ‘The Shape Of Water’ is Swimming Home on March 13th! - February 10, 2018