Rob Bailey is acquiring another magical book with The Occultist Omnibus! In 2010, writer Tim Seeley (Hack/Slash) brought his rare mix of humor, horror, and heroes to Dark Horse’s own Mike Richardson’s magical creation in a popular one-shot, which soon transformed into a popular ten issue, two volume series! Artists Victor Drujiniu (The Waking), Mike Norton (Battle Pug), and Jason Gorder (Darkchylde) brought Rob Bailey’s adventure to life while colorists Andrew Dalhouse (Irredeemable) and Allen Passalaqua (Trinity) provide their supernaturally gorgeous coloring skills to the series. The Occultist Omnibus cover is by artist Steve Morris (Buffy the Vampire Slayer).
The Occultist Omnibus collects The Occultist #1 – #5 and The Occultist Volume 2: At Death’s Door #1 – #5. The Occultist Omnibus follows college student Rob Bailey after he stumbles upon a magical book that gives him supernatural powers; he gets not only new occult abilities, but also dangerous problems that come with them. A gang of hitman mages are sent by a sorcerer who wants the book for himself, and Rob has to learn the ropes of his new powers fast before they can get to him.
Praise for The Occultist:
“A thrilling supernatural take on super-heroics.”—Geeked Out Nation
“The Occultist is a comic you should be checking out . . . If you want more of a magically fun and yet grounded character tale then put your money in to support this.”—Comic Book Resources
- The Trailer is Out for a ‘Series of Unfortunate Events’ Season 2! - February 22, 2018
- Creepiest Lullabies from Around the World - February 22, 2018
- ‘Heathen Volume 1’ Sells Out After YALSA Selection, Rushed to Second Print - February 21, 2018
- ‘Fangoria’ Rises from the Dead! - February 20, 2018
- The Soska Sisters Remake of ‘Rabid’ is Set to Infect the US! - February 19, 2018
- Check Out the Trailer for ‘The Child Remains’ - February 19, 2018
- ‘Lady Frankenstein and the Mummy’s Brain’ Premier - February 18, 2018
- Scream Factory Wants to Teach ‘Of Unknown Origins’ - February 17, 2018
- ‘City of the Dead’ (1960) Available on DVD and Blu-ray March 13th - February 16, 2018
- Loved ‘Ash Vs Evil Dead’ Season 2? You’ll Love These New Figures! - February 16, 2018