Manos Returns will make its world premiere at Crypticon Seattle, Friday, May 4 at 9 pm as part of the North West filmmakers showcase. A sequel to the cult classic Manos The Hands of Fate, Manos Returns focuses on a group of hapless travelers who get lost on a road trip and stumble into the sinister world of Valley Lodge. Manos – The Hands of Fate premiered in 1966, was immortalized by Mystery Science Theatre 3000, and is considered by many to be the worst movie of all time.
After the Manos Returns screening, there will be a Q&A with Jackey Neyman Jones, who was featured as Debbie in the original Manos, and the other producers: award-winning Seattle filmmaker Tonjia Atomic (Plain Devil, Hobo with a Trashcan), award-winning Oregon filmmaker Joe Sherlock (Drifter, Beyond the Wall of Fear), and Seattle artist Rachel Jackson (Manos – The Hands of Felt, José and The Hawk). Additional cast and crew may also be on hand.
Directed by Atomic, Manos Returns takes place 50 years after the action of Manos – The Hands of Fate. Four friends get lost on a road trip and stumble on a hidden cult lead by the sinister Master and his servant Torgo. As they try to escape, they are caught up in the power struggle between Debbie (given to Manos as a child 50 years ago), her mother Maggie, and the other souls twisted by their time serving the dark god.
The Manos Returns legacy cast features Neyman Jones (Debbie), Tom Neyman (The Master) and Diane Mahree Rystad (Maggie) reprising their roles from the original, plus Bryan Jennings, the son of Manos cast member William Bryan Jennings, taking over his father’s role as The Sheriff. They are joined by newcomers Danielle Daggerty (Clara), Christina Pezzo (Nicki), Nuria Aguilar (Pat), Christopher Barnes (Jay), and Steven Sheilds as Torgo.
“We are so thrilled to be premiering at Crypticon,” said Neyman Jones. “Several of us met there and over the years it’s become our ‘home’ con. It’s the perfect place to introduce Manos Returns to the world.”
Principle photography for Manos Returns took place in Falls City, Oregon in July 2016, after raising production funds via a successful Kickstarter campaign earlier that year.
- John Carpenter’s ‘Halloween’ Coming to 4K Ultra HD on September 25th - August 1, 2018
- Watch the Trailer for M. Night Shyamalan’s ‘Glass’ - July 31, 2018
- Dark Horse Books to Publish ‘Brooklyn Blood,’ A Police Procedural from Paul Levitz and Tim Hamilton - June 21, 2018
- ‘Last House on the Left’ (1972) Available on Blu-ray July 3rd, 2018 - June 20, 2018
- Dark Horse Brings Back the Kaiju-Packed Chaos of ‘Gamma’ - June 20, 2018
- Mary Robinette Kowal and Lawrence C. Connolly, Wednesday, June 20th at the KGB Bar - June 19, 2018
- ‘Stranger Things’ Comes to Dark Horse - June 18, 2018
- Bram Stoker’s ‘Shadowbuilder’ Coming August 28th from MVD Rewind - June 17, 2018
- Watch the First Trailer for ‘The Nun’ - June 16, 2018
- ‘Breaking In’ Unrated Director’s Cut Coming to Blu-ray and DVD This August from Universal Pictures Home Entertainment - June 15, 2018