Manos Returns will make its world premiere at Crypticon Seattle, Friday, May 4 at 9 pm as part of the North West filmmakers showcase. A sequel to the cult classic Manos The Hands of Fate, Manos Returns focuses on a group of hapless travelers who get lost on a road trip and stumble into the sinister world of Valley Lodge. Manos – The Hands of Fate premiered in 1966, was immortalized by Mystery Science Theatre 3000, and is considered by many to be the worst movie of all time.
After the Manos Returns screening, there will be a Q&A with Jackey Neyman Jones, who was featured as Debbie in the original Manos, and the other producers: award-winning Seattle filmmaker Tonjia Atomic (Plain Devil, Hobo with a Trashcan), award-winning Oregon filmmaker Joe Sherlock (Drifter, Beyond the Wall of Fear), and Seattle artist Rachel Jackson (Manos – The Hands of Felt, José and The Hawk). Additional cast and crew may also be on hand.
Directed by Atomic, Manos Returns takes place 50 years after the action of Manos – The Hands of Fate. Four friends get lost on a road trip and stumble on a hidden cult lead by the sinister Master and his servant Torgo. As they try to escape, they are caught up in the power struggle between Debbie (given to Manos as a child 50 years ago), her mother Maggie, and the other souls twisted by their time serving the dark god.
The Manos Returns legacy cast features Neyman Jones (Debbie), Tom Neyman (The Master) and Diane Mahree Rystad (Maggie) reprising their roles from the original, plus Bryan Jennings, the son of Manos cast member William Bryan Jennings, taking over his father’s role as The Sheriff. They are joined by newcomers Danielle Daggerty (Clara), Christina Pezzo (Nicki), Nuria Aguilar (Pat), Christopher Barnes (Jay), and Steven Sheilds as Torgo.
“We are so thrilled to be premiering at Crypticon,” said Neyman Jones. “Several of us met there and over the years it’s become our ‘home’ con. It’s the perfect place to introduce Manos Returns to the world.”
Principle photography for Manos Returns took place in Falls City, Oregon in July 2016, after raising production funds via a successful Kickstarter campaign earlier that year.
- Nothing Says 4K Like an Updated Release of ‘Schlock!’ - March 20, 2018
- This Casting News is ‘Heartless’ - March 19, 2018
- AMC and Fathom Events Are Bringing ‘The Walking Dead’ and ‘Fear The Walking Dead’ to the Big Screen! - March 18, 2018
- It’s Time to Experience The ‘Wildling’ - March 17, 2018
- Scream Factory Wants You to Watch ‘Cyborg’ - March 16, 2018
- Bone Yard (1991) Out on DVD and Blu-ray April 24th - March 14, 2018
- Killer Klowns from Outer Space Out on Blu-ray April 24th! - March 12, 2018
- The US Will Be Getting a Visit from ‘Mandy’ - March 9, 2018
- Salem Fest 2018 Has Tapped Ryan Turek as Their Keynote Speaker! - March 8, 2018
- The ‘Full Moon High’ Special Edition is Getting New Audio Commentary! - March 8, 2018