Filmmakers Cory Neal and Micah Gallo have launched a Kickstarter campaign to bring the original horror film Itsy Bitsy to the silver screen. Gallo hopes die-hard horror fans are excited to help make a new horror classic, and to resurrect this genre of suspense films that become a film event cult phenomena.
Their overall goal is to raise $40,000 from fan support via the Kickstarter campaign https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/803978397/itsy-bitsy by October 11, 2017 to complete the project.
Itsy Bitsy marries the high concept fun of a film reminiscent of Jaws with the edgy character drama of a film like The Exorcist and features a woman in the center scorned by her past. Her physical fight is with the creature while her battle inside is ambivalence versus pure love.
“Over ten years of imagination and diligence was distilled into creating Itsy Bitsy and Kickstarter is important because it gives us a platform to premiere our content with a wide reach,” said director Micah Gallo. “By connecting with other people passionate about supporting movies (and scary spiders) we can finish our film at the level we’ve envisioned.”
“Kickstarter supporters will help us push this original story across the finish line with a quality level of post-production the film deserves,” said producer Cory Neal. “We hope fans of suspense (and spiders) will get behind us.”
Cory Neal, best known for producing the HATCHET franchise, including the upcoming fourth film in the series VICTOR CROWLEY, along with Micah Gallo have nearly 20 years experience between them and have worked with many top filmmakers throughout their careers. The filmmakers are utilizing Kickstarter to ask supporters of the suspense film genre to give them the opportunity to show it.
The film tells the story of single mother “Kara” (Elizabeth Roberts) who moves from New York to the quiet countryside with her two children for a job opportunity she can’t afford to turn down. The family moves into their humble new guesthouse. Kara begins her work as a private nurse to “Walter,” (Bruce Davison) a man stricken with multiple sclerosis and an appraiser of rare antiquities with a secretive past.
Her teenage son, Jesse, (Arman Darbo) is unhappy about this most of all. Losing his friends and moving to the middle of nowhere hasn’t made his job of looking after his little sister, “Cambria,” (Chloe Perrin) any easier.
Doom precedes them. “Akiba,” (Treva Etienne) a shady international associate of Walter’s, brings with him a mysterious relic of ancient origin. “Kara” encounters run in with a local sheriff played by genre veteran actor Denise Crosby.
All too quickly they discover the relic contains more than just legends. Inside, waits a terrifying creature born of ancient darkness and pure instinct…a pre-historic cave Spider unlike the modern world has ever seen.
Contributors to the Itsy Bitsy Kickstarter Campaign will receive unique, amazing, thrilling, one-of-a-kind incentives for supporting the project. More details about the project can be found on the Itsy Bitsy website:
For more information please visit:
- John Carpenter’s ‘Halloween’ Coming to 4K Ultra HD on September 25th - August 1, 2018
- Watch the Trailer for M. Night Shyamalan’s ‘Glass’ - July 31, 2018
- Dark Horse Books to Publish ‘Brooklyn Blood,’ A Police Procedural from Paul Levitz and Tim Hamilton - June 21, 2018
- ‘Last House on the Left’ (1972) Available on Blu-ray July 3rd, 2018 - June 20, 2018
- Dark Horse Brings Back the Kaiju-Packed Chaos of ‘Gamma’ - June 20, 2018
- Mary Robinette Kowal and Lawrence C. Connolly, Wednesday, June 20th at the KGB Bar - June 19, 2018
- ‘Stranger Things’ Comes to Dark Horse - June 18, 2018
- Bram Stoker’s ‘Shadowbuilder’ Coming August 28th from MVD Rewind - June 17, 2018
- Watch the First Trailer for ‘The Nun’ - June 16, 2018
- ‘Breaking In’ Unrated Director’s Cut Coming to Blu-ray and DVD This August from Universal Pictures Home Entertainment - June 15, 2018