Producers Christos V. Konstantakopoulos (Before Midnight, The Lobster), Keith and Jess Calder (Anomalisa, Blair Witch, You’re Next) and Legion M, the first ever fan-owned media company, have invested and come onboard as Executive Producers for The Field Guide to Evil. The anthology is a global exploration into dark folklore, and will feature eight terrifying tales from the world’s most exciting new voices in international filmmaking.
The Field Guide to Evil is currently engaged in a first-of-its-kind equity crowd-funding campaign for a film on First Democracy VC, a funding portal brought through a partnership between Indiegogo and MicroVentures. Investors and film fans across the world have the opportunity to become equity partners in this unique horror production.
With these three investments The Field Guide to Evil has now reached its minimum fundraising goal and the project is officially greenlit. The producers hope to attract additional fans as well as other industry-seasoned financiers to join the team. The campaign has 47 more days to reach its stretch goal of $500,000.
“All of us at Faliro House are excited to be joining trailblazers Tim and Ant, and the rest of the amazing film professionals attached to The Field Guide to Evil, as well as over a hundred horror fan investors around the world, in bringing this thrilling project to life,” said Executive Producer Christos V. Konstantakopoulos.
“Jess and I are long-time supporters of crowdfunding, and couldn’t be more excited to help Tim League and Ant Timpson launch The Field Guide to Evil,” said Executive Producer Keith Calder.
“As a company that is built upon a fan-ownership model, this project is a natural fit for our slate” said Paul Scanlan, Cofounder and CEO of Legion M. “We believe in Tim and Ant, and the exceptional team of award-winning directorial voices brought together on this project. We are proud to join the team and continue to pioneer the frontiers of equity crowdfunding together.”
From producers Ant Timpson (Turbo Kid, The Greasy Strangler) and Alamo Drafthouse CEO/Founder Tim League (ABCs of Death), The Field Guide to Evil will showcase eight tales that have caused many sleepless nights in their country of origin.
The stories and filmmakers hail from Austria (Veronika Franz & Severin Fiala, Goodnight Mommy), Hungary (Peter Strickland, The Duke of Burgundy), Germany (Katrin Gebbe, Nothing Bad Can Happen), Greece (Yannis Veslemes, Norway), India (Ashim Ahluwalia, Miss Lovely), Poland (Agnieszka Smoczynska, The Lure), Turkey (Can Evrenol, Baskin), and the United States (Calvin Reeder, The Rambler).
Producers Tim League and Ant Timpson will be hosting a Reddit AMA at 12:30pm PT / 3:30pm ET today. If you have questions about the project, the financing model or literally anything, please join them for the spirited online discussion.
THE FIELD GUIDE TO EVIL Indiegogo & MicroVentures:
- “Hello There” from ‘We’ve Forgotten More Than We Ever Knew’ - November 20, 2017
- Check Out the First Two Minutes of ‘Another Wolfcop!’ - November 20, 2017
- ’78/52: Hitchcock’s Shower Scene’ is an Upcoming Documentary for Hitchcock Fans! - November 19, 2017
- ‘The Foot Doctor Letters’ by Rex Hurst Available December 1st - November 18, 2017
- In January You Might Take a Visit to the ‘Opera!’ - November 17, 2017
- Love Short Films? Check Out ‘No Laughing Matter: Tears of a Clown’ - November 17, 2017
- You Can Take the New ‘Flatliners’ Home This December! - November 16, 2017
- Scream Factory Wants to Take You Out for a ‘Hell Night!’ - November 16, 2017
- ‘Headhunter’ Available on DVD December 19th - November 15, 2017
- ‘Eye in the Labyrinth’ Available on DVD December 19th - November 15, 2017