Producers Christos V. Konstantakopoulos (Before Midnight, The Lobster), Keith and Jess Calder (Anomalisa, Blair Witch, You’re Next) and Legion M, the first ever fan-owned media company, have invested and come onboard as Executive Producers for The Field Guide to Evil. The anthology is a global exploration into dark folklore, and will feature eight terrifying tales from the world’s most exciting new voices in international filmmaking.
The Field Guide to Evil is currently engaged in a first-of-its-kind equity crowd-funding campaign for a film on First Democracy VC, a funding portal brought through a partnership between Indiegogo and MicroVentures. Investors and film fans across the world have the opportunity to become equity partners in this unique horror production.
With these three investments The Field Guide to Evil has now reached its minimum fundraising goal and the project is officially greenlit. The producers hope to attract additional fans as well as other industry-seasoned financiers to join the team. The campaign has 47 more days to reach its stretch goal of $500,000.
“All of us at Faliro House are excited to be joining trailblazers Tim and Ant, and the rest of the amazing film professionals attached to The Field Guide to Evil, as well as over a hundred horror fan investors around the world, in bringing this thrilling project to life,” said Executive Producer Christos V. Konstantakopoulos.
“Jess and I are long-time supporters of crowdfunding, and couldn’t be more excited to help Tim League and Ant Timpson launch The Field Guide to Evil,” said Executive Producer Keith Calder.
“As a company that is built upon a fan-ownership model, this project is a natural fit for our slate” said Paul Scanlan, Cofounder and CEO of Legion M. “We believe in Tim and Ant, and the exceptional team of award-winning directorial voices brought together on this project. We are proud to join the team and continue to pioneer the frontiers of equity crowdfunding together.”
From producers Ant Timpson (Turbo Kid, The Greasy Strangler) and Alamo Drafthouse CEO/Founder Tim League (ABCs of Death), The Field Guide to Evil will showcase eight tales that have caused many sleepless nights in their country of origin.
The stories and filmmakers hail from Austria (Veronika Franz & Severin Fiala, Goodnight Mommy), Hungary (Peter Strickland, The Duke of Burgundy), Germany (Katrin Gebbe, Nothing Bad Can Happen), Greece (Yannis Veslemes, Norway), India (Ashim Ahluwalia, Miss Lovely), Poland (Agnieszka Smoczynska, The Lure), Turkey (Can Evrenol, Baskin), and the United States (Calvin Reeder, The Rambler).
Producers Tim League and Ant Timpson will be hosting a Reddit AMA at 12:30pm PT / 3:30pm ET today. If you have questions about the project, the financing model or literally anything, please join them for the spirited online discussion.
THE FIELD GUIDE TO EVIL Indiegogo & MicroVentures:
- The Trailer is Out for a ‘Series of Unfortunate Events’ Season 2! - February 22, 2018
- Creepiest Lullabies from Around the World - February 22, 2018
- ‘Heathen Volume 1’ Sells Out After YALSA Selection, Rushed to Second Print - February 21, 2018
- ‘Fangoria’ Rises from the Dead! - February 20, 2018
- The Soska Sisters Remake of ‘Rabid’ is Set to Infect the US! - February 19, 2018
- Check Out the Trailer for ‘The Child Remains’ - February 19, 2018
- ‘Lady Frankenstein and the Mummy’s Brain’ Premier - February 18, 2018
- Scream Factory Wants to Teach ‘Of Unknown Origins’ - February 17, 2018
- ‘City of the Dead’ (1960) Available on DVD and Blu-ray March 13th - February 16, 2018
- Loved ‘Ash Vs Evil Dead’ Season 2? You’ll Love These New Figures! - February 16, 2018