Leading publisher of digital entertainment Telltale Games and Robert Kirkman’s Skybound Entertainment announced today that the critically acclaimed The Walking Dead: The Telltale Series – The Final Season (working title) is now in development to premiere in 2018.
In a series retrospective released today in celebration of Comic-Con through Telltale’s Summer 2017 Update, the development team at Telltale sat down to reflect on the journey of series protagonist Clementine since the first episode premiered in April of 2012. In discussing the character’s path all the way through 2017’s conclusion of The Walking Dead: A New Frontier, Telltale confirmed that this fourth and final season would focus on Clementine in the lead role, allowing players to fully step back into the shoes of the fan-favorite character.
“It’s going to be an amazing experience. Thank you all so much, from the bottom of my heart,” said Melissa Hutchison, the award-winning actress who has been the voice of Clementine since 2012. “It’s been a lot of blood, sweat, and tears, and so much love has been behind this whole experience. Good luck, I’ll be right there with you.”
The Walking Dead: The Final Season (working title) will debut in 2018 on consoles, PC/Mac, iOS, and Android-based devices. Additional platforms are yet to be announced.
To date, The Walking Dead: A Telltale Games Series has sold more than 50 million episodes worldwide, earning more than 100 Game of the Year awards from outlets including Metacritic, USA Today, Wired, Spike TV VGAs, Yahoo!, The Telegraph, Mashable, Polygon, Destructoid, and GamesRadar, and was also the recipient of two BAFTA Video Games Awards for Best Story and Best Mobile Game.
The Walking Dead is set in the world of Robert Kirkman’s award-winning comic book series and offers an emotionally charged, tailored game experience where a player’s actions and choices affect how their story plays out across the entire series.
For more information on the game, visit the official website, Facebook, and follow Telltale Games on Twitter. For more information on The Walking Dead, Robert Kirkman, and all of his titles, visit www.Skybound.com and www.TheWalkingDead.com.
- “Hello There” from ‘We’ve Forgotten More Than We Ever Knew’ - November 20, 2017
- Check Out the First Two Minutes of ‘Another Wolfcop!’ - November 20, 2017
- ’78/52: Hitchcock’s Shower Scene’ is an Upcoming Documentary for Hitchcock Fans! - November 19, 2017
- ‘The Foot Doctor Letters’ by Rex Hurst Available December 1st - November 18, 2017
- In January You Might Take a Visit to the ‘Opera!’ - November 17, 2017
- Love Short Films? Check Out ‘No Laughing Matter: Tears of a Clown’ - November 17, 2017
- You Can Take the New ‘Flatliners’ Home This December! - November 16, 2017
- Scream Factory Wants to Take You Out for a ‘Hell Night!’ - November 16, 2017
- ‘Headhunter’ Available on DVD December 19th - November 15, 2017
- ‘Eye in the Labyrinth’ Available on DVD December 19th - November 15, 2017