In the early Seventies, he convinced us that The Hills Have Eyes…In the Eighties, he plunged audiences into A Nightmare on Elm Street…In the Nineties, he made audiences Scream…
This summer, Master of Horror Wes Craven returns with his 1978 cult favorite Summer of Fear, also known as Stranger in Our House, starring Linda Blair, Lee Purcell, Jeremy Slate, Jeff East, and Fran Drescher.
Thirty-nine years later, Wes Craven’s Summer of Fear will finally make its Blu-ray debut with a Special Collector’s Edition alongside a DVD and VOD. The disc—available this summer from Doppelgänger Releasing—will contain a slew of exciting special bonus features that will be announced shortly.
Based on the best-selling young adult novel by Lois Duncan of You Know What I Did Last Summer fame, Wes Craven’s Summer of Fear tells the tale of plucky teenaged Rachel (Linda Blair) whose life is turned dangerously upside down when her cousin Julie (Lee Purcell) moves in following the death of her parents in a car crash. Julie enchants everyone in the family and appears to be a loving relative, but Rachel knows her cousin is up to something creepy…something like witchcraft!
Music Box Films Home Entertainment acquired U.S. domestic rights to the 1978 film and will be released under the Doppelgänger Releasing banner, which includes genre titles such as The Cairnes Brothers’ 100 Bloody Acres, the Dutch action-thriller Black Out, the psychological six-part thriller Penance by acclaimed director Kiyoshi Kurosawa, and more.
- Movies That Make You Feel Claustrophobic! - November 22, 2017
- Danielle Harris’ ‘Inoperable’ Checks Into Cinemas December 1st - November 22, 2017
- New Creator-Driven Series ‘The Spider King’ Debuts This February - November 21, 2017
- “Hello There” from ‘We’ve Forgotten More Than We Ever Knew’ - November 20, 2017
- Check Out the First Two Minutes of ‘Another Wolfcop!’ - November 20, 2017
- ’78/52: Hitchcock’s Shower Scene’ is an Upcoming Documentary for Hitchcock Fans! - November 19, 2017
- ‘The Foot Doctor Letters’ by Rex Hurst Available December 1st - November 18, 2017
- In January You Might Take a Visit to the ‘Opera!’ - November 17, 2017
- Love Short Films? Check Out ‘No Laughing Matter: Tears of a Clown’ - November 17, 2017
- You Can Take the New ‘Flatliners’ Home This December! - November 16, 2017