Stoic, an independent game development company, and Versus Evil, one of the leading independent video game publishers, today announced that Banner Saga 2, sequel to the award-winning, BAFTA-nominated, role-playing strategy indie hit, The Banner Saga, is now available on the Nintendo Switch.
Banner Saga 2 delivers an emotionally driven sequel where choices and leadership decisions ultimately dictate the survival of the clan in a world being corrupted and consumed by the Darkness. Players must once again marshall a careful use of resources in a turbulent world where allegiances will be tested and sacrifices are inevitable. Players will also be tested in combat where skillful, tactical decisions in battle are vital to ensure survival against insurmountable odds. Banner Saga 2 carries over the decisions players made from the first game, with a narrative that is guided by the complex and sometimes difficult choices they have made.
“We are gearing up for the end, and with that comes the launch of Banner Saga 2 on Nintendo Switch. As we prepare to launch the third and final game in this epic award winning series this summer, Nintendo Switch fans get to continue their saga on the sequel, immersing themselves in stunning visuals, character building, tactical combat and the strong narrative that strategy players and RPG fans have come to expect from the Stoic team,” said Steve Escalante, General Manager of Versus Evil.
Banner Saga 3, the third and final installment of the mature themed role playing strategy series, will launch on July 26th, 2018 for PC, Mac, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch, with mobile platforms expected later this year. Current owners of The Banner Saga on Nintendo Switch will receive a 25% discount on Banner Saga 2 through the loyalty program.
The Banner Saga, which launched to much critical acclaim has received several awards and nominations, including winner of the 2014 Geekie Awards for “Best Video Game”, winner of 2014 Game Developers Choice: “Best Debut” award, finalist placement for “Excellence in Visual Arts” category at the Independent Game Festival, 3 BAFTA Award Nominations, and winner of Pocket Gamer’s 2015 Best Adventure/RPG Game and Best Android Game of the Year. The Banner Saga was nominated as Role Playing Game of the Year at th 18th annual DICE Awards, and Banner Saga 2 have been nominated for Strategy Game of the Year at the DICE and Game Awards events.
Banner Saga 2 is available on multiple formats including Steam for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One as well the App Store for iPad and iPhone, on Google Play and Amazon for Android devices and on Windows-based tablets.
Follow us on Twitter
Like us on Facebook
- Bill Hodges Returns in the Trailer for MR. MERCEDES Season 3 - August 21, 2019
- Release Details and Cover Art for Tom Savini’s Official Biography SAVINI - August 7, 2019
- IDW Publishing Announces Comic Book Series Based on Stephen King and Owen King’s SLEEPING BEAUTIES - July 29, 2019
- From Raw Dog Screaming Press: Preorder STEEL SHADOWS by J.L. Gribble - July 26, 2019
- Available Now from Crystal Lake Publishing: A new Poetry Collection by Stoker Award-Winners Linda D. Addison and Alessandro Manzetti - July 24, 2019
- From Raw Dog Screaming Press: Preorder On the Night Border by James Chambers - July 22, 2019
- From SDCC 2019: Watch the Trailer for New CREEPSHOW Series - July 19, 2019
- Evil Moves in Next Door in the Teaser Trailer & Poster for THE WRETCHED - July 18, 2019
- Hex Studios Unleashes A Legion of Demons In ‘For We Are Many’ - July 18, 2019
- THE WITCHES (1990) Coming to Blu-ray from Warner Archive - July 17, 2019