Indican Pictures is set to release director Dax Phelan’s Jasmine this summer. The film will open in Laemmle Theatres, commencing with a showing in Los Angeles, mid-June. Jasmine is a film about conspiracy and revenge as one man is on the hunt for his wife’s deranged killer. The film stars: Jason Tobin (The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift) as central character Leonard, along with Byron Mann (The Big Short), Eugenia Yuan (Memoirs of a Geisha), Sarah Lian, and Glen Chin.
The story has been described as a mind-bending psychological thriller. In this tale, Leonard is struggling to come to terms with his wife’s brutal death. He reconnects with a person from his past, but, his overwhelming grief continues to bring him back to his wife’s gravesite. In a chance encounter, he believes that he has found her killer and will not stop, until he has brought his own version of justice.
Following the theatrical release, Indican Pictures will avail the film in July, through Video-on-demand and on DVD. Jasmine continues a successful film festival run, receiving over thirty awards, including stops at: Sydney, Hong Kong, Mexico, Los Angeles, Miami, the Bahamas, Philadelphia, Palm Beach, and St. Louis. Upcoming stops include: the Madrid International Film Festival (July 11th) and the Auckland International Film Festival (June 10 & 11). Jasmine will be showing worldwide, throughout the summer and this is one tale of revenge, which should not be missed.
Jasmine is a mind-bending psychological thriller about Leonard (Jason Tobin). Leonard is struggling to come to terms with his grief, nearly a year after his wife’s murder. Hoping to move on with his life, Leonard reconnects with Grace (Eugenia Yuan), a woman from his past; his outlook, thanks to her, begins to brighten. Then, a visit to the site of his wife’s murder leads him to a mysterious interloper (Byron Mann), who he believes is her killer. Leonard decides to take justice into his own hands as events take a startling turn towards the unexpected.
Release Date: June 16, 2017 (Limited Theatrical, U.S.) and July 2017 (VOD, DVD).
Director: Dax Phelan.
Writers: Dax Phelan Jason Tobin.
Cast: Jason Tobin, Byron Mann, Sarah Lian, Eugenia Yuan, and Glen CHin.
More details on the film: http://www.indicanpictures.com/indicanpictures/jasmine/
A fan page: https://www.facebook.com/jasminehelovedher
- The Trailer is Out for a ‘Series of Unfortunate Events’ Season 2! - February 22, 2018
- Creepiest Lullabies from Around the World - February 22, 2018
- ‘Heathen Volume 1’ Sells Out After YALSA Selection, Rushed to Second Print - February 21, 2018
- ‘Fangoria’ Rises from the Dead! - February 20, 2018
- The Soska Sisters Remake of ‘Rabid’ is Set to Infect the US! - February 19, 2018
- Check Out the Trailer for ‘The Child Remains’ - February 19, 2018
- ‘Lady Frankenstein and the Mummy’s Brain’ Premier - February 18, 2018
- Scream Factory Wants to Teach ‘Of Unknown Origins’ - February 17, 2018
- ‘City of the Dead’ (1960) Available on DVD and Blu-ray March 13th - February 16, 2018
- Loved ‘Ash Vs Evil Dead’ Season 2? You’ll Love These New Figures! - February 16, 2018