Darril Arts and Stormind Games are thrilled to announce that the first title of the survival horror trilogy Remothered is now available for PC gamers via Steam’s Early Access program. The franchise makes its debut just in time for Halloween, the scariest night of the year!
Since this is not the final version of the game, there’s still a chance users can experience bugs and find imperfections. In order to improve the final release of the game, Darril Arts and Stormind Games encourage gamers to send their feedback about gameplay and localizations to [email protected].
For this Early Access release, developers have added new subtitles to the game. The Early Access release of Remothered: Tormented Fathers features English, Spanish, Italian, French, Brazilian Portuguese, Russian and Turkish subtitles.
Remothered: Tormented Fathers is expected to be in Early Access just for a few months. During the Early Access stage, the game will be €12.99. The price of the final release, however, will be the same or higher. As a consequence, the EA release is not to be missed for those who want to play the game at the lowest price possible.
Those who will purchase the EA version will also get the final release, once it gets released, without any additional cost.
Remothered: Tormented Fathers is the first title of the survival horror trilogy conceived by Darril Arts and developed by Stormind Games.
Rosemary Reed, a fascinating 35-year-old woman, reaches the house of Dr. Felton, a retired notary affected by a mysterious disease, in order to investigate on the disappearance of a little girl called Celeste. The woman is greeted by Ms. Gloria, the nurse who takes care of the old man. When Rosemary reveals herself and her true intentions, the terrifying dread begins.
The idea of Remothered dates back to 2007, when Chris Darril started releasing concepts of the game and gathered a fanbase interested in his project. The development of the actual trilogy, however, begins in December 2015, when Darril Arts and Stormind Games join forces. In April 2016, the first title of the saga, Remothered: Tormented Fathers, gets Greenlit on Steam in fewer than four days. In June, the PC beta version is released; this preview gets favorable reception from both gamers and press.
For the trilogy’s debut, Chris Darril rounded up some of the most important professionals in the videogame industry. The soundtrack of Remothered: Tormented Fathers is composed by Nobuko Toda (Metal Gear Solid, Kingdom Hearts, Halo, The Evil Within) and Luca Balboni (who wrote the music for feature films such as Mine and Watch Them Fall). The voice-over actors for the English version are Danielle McRae (League of Legends, World of Warcraft: Cataclysm, StarCraft Universe), Lani Minella (Mass Effect 3, The Last of Us, StarCraft), and Adam Harrington (The Wolf Among Us, The Walking Dead, Tales of Monkey Island, League of Legends, Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six: Shadow Vanguard).
- Many ways to survive – The endless combinations of game dynamics make the experience available to every gamer: stealth, action, strategic, hide&run. Deceive your stalker and block him in another area of the house. Attack your enemy and make your items more powerful. Carefully study the behaviour of your stalker and his path. Don’t get too close to your enemy, act like an unperceivable shadow, hiding yourself from his sight. Or just mix these dynamics together.
- Psychological plot – Characters in the story are everyday people who turn themselves into scary monsters.
- Movie-like cutscenes – Thanks to his impressive direction, Chris Darril puts into play a story rich of complex life-like characters.
- Audio clues – Use the soundtrack and the 3D audio sound effects to understand when your stalkers are getting closer.
- No health bars – Your body is the only way to understand how you are doing.
- Realistic puzzles – Environments and characters have been conceived to be realistic and credible.
- Top-notch soundtrack – Nobuko Toda and Luca Balboni wrote the music for the game.
- Real-time loading – Explore the mansion without worrying about empty moments or boring loading times.
Gamers can follow the development of Remothered by signing up to the official membership for free. New subscribers will receive all the news in advance and will be greeted with a welcome package.
Furthermore, by joining the membership, gamers have the opportunity to access a store reserved to subscribers where they could buy the game and receive the Original Soundtrack Preview for free.
The Original Soundtrack Preview features the highlights from the score composed by Nobuko Toda and Luca Balboni. It’s an exclusive benefit that will be available just for a limited time. The soundtrack is not available anywhere else – the private store is the only place where fans can get a preview of the score for free.
You can subscribe by visiting this web page: www.remothered.com/membership.
- John Carpenter’s ‘Halloween’ Coming to 4K Ultra HD on September 25th - August 1, 2018
- Watch the Trailer for M. Night Shyamalan’s ‘Glass’ - July 31, 2018
- Dark Horse Books to Publish ‘Brooklyn Blood,’ A Police Procedural from Paul Levitz and Tim Hamilton - June 21, 2018
- ‘Last House on the Left’ (1972) Available on Blu-ray July 3rd, 2018 - June 20, 2018
- Dark Horse Brings Back the Kaiju-Packed Chaos of ‘Gamma’ - June 20, 2018
- Mary Robinette Kowal and Lawrence C. Connolly, Wednesday, June 20th at the KGB Bar - June 19, 2018
- ‘Stranger Things’ Comes to Dark Horse - June 18, 2018
- Bram Stoker’s ‘Shadowbuilder’ Coming August 28th from MVD Rewind - June 17, 2018
- Watch the First Trailer for ‘The Nun’ - June 16, 2018
- ‘Breaking In’ Unrated Director’s Cut Coming to Blu-ray and DVD This August from Universal Pictures Home Entertainment - June 15, 2018