Terror Films Announces A Release Date for
Award Winning Psychological Thriller
Terror Films is set to release the indie thriller THE DRIFTER across multiple digital platforms on Tuesday, June 6.
THE DRIFTER tells the story of a uniquely troubled man. He finds himself on a downward spiral, induced by painful memories of his dark and distant past. Taking refuge from his long days and nights of driving aimlessly on the open highway, the drifter stops off in a small town. Here, he happens to cross paths with an old acquaintance. That acquaintance becomes dangerously intrigued and determined to discover the skeletons hiding in the drifter’s past.
The film premiered at the 2015 Queens World Film Festival. At the festival, it won the Audience Award and was nominated for Jury Awards in both the Best Narrative Feature and Best Director categories. Atlanta Horror Film Festival named it: “one of the Top Independent Horror Films of 2015.” It was also nominated for Best Special Effects at the 2014 Scare-A-Con Festival. The film marks the feature film debut of director Craig Calamis.
As part of their new World Wide digital release model, Terror Films will release the film across multiple digital platforms. Territories to host the film’s launch include: the U.S., Canada, the Middle East, North Africa, Asia, the Caribbean, Ireland, the U.K., and Pan-Russia. Hosting platforms will include: iTunes, Amazon Instant, Google Play/You Tube, Sony PSN, X-Box, Vudu, Steam, Vimeo On Demand, Roku (Free Flix Tonight, 24 Hour Movie Channel, Free Grindhouse Flix Tonight), I Bleed Indie, and Tubi TV.
The film’s official poster and trailer will debut soon. However, several stills and two exclusive clips are available now, titled: “Taking Care of Something” and “You’re in my Favorite Seat”.
- John Carpenter’s ‘Halloween’ Coming to 4K Ultra HD on September 25th - August 1, 2018
- Watch the Trailer for M. Night Shyamalan’s ‘Glass’ - July 31, 2018
- Dark Horse Books to Publish ‘Brooklyn Blood,’ A Police Procedural from Paul Levitz and Tim Hamilton - June 21, 2018
- ‘Last House on the Left’ (1972) Available on Blu-ray July 3rd, 2018 - June 20, 2018
- Dark Horse Brings Back the Kaiju-Packed Chaos of ‘Gamma’ - June 20, 2018
- Mary Robinette Kowal and Lawrence C. Connolly, Wednesday, June 20th at the KGB Bar - June 19, 2018
- ‘Stranger Things’ Comes to Dark Horse - June 18, 2018
- Bram Stoker’s ‘Shadowbuilder’ Coming August 28th from MVD Rewind - June 17, 2018
- Watch the First Trailer for ‘The Nun’ - June 16, 2018
- ‘Breaking In’ Unrated Director’s Cut Coming to Blu-ray and DVD This August from Universal Pictures Home Entertainment - June 15, 2018