Brazil-based independent developer Massive Work Studio is excited to announce today that their Cosmic Horror Action-RPG DOLMEN has landed at the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center for PAX East 2018, where they’ve flipped the switch to activate the game’s crowdfunding campaign to turn this nightmare into a reality. By launching their Kickstarter campaign today, the Massive Work Studio team, including Abraão Segundo and Alex Oliver, who previously worked on AAA titles such as Injustice 2, Diablo and World of Warcraft, aims to finally bring DOLMEN, a SoulsBorne-inspired title which combines futuristic Sci-Fi with Lovecraftian horror, to the world on Windows PC and consoles.
Massive Work Studio has a $90,000 USD Kickstarter goal to fund DOLMEN, targeting an early 2019 release on Steam for Windows PC, with Xbox One and PlayStation 4 versions launching at a later date. Based on the success of the game’s Kickstarter campaign and stretch goals met, DOLMEN will also release on the Nintendo Switch. Additional game content — levels, items, enemy types and more — as well as extra game modes New Game +, multiplayer PvP and cooperative play are among the stretch goals. Fans can support DOLMEN on Kickstarter and unlock exclusive backer rewards including a Windows PC demo by pledging at http://uberstrategist.link/DOLMEN-KS.
“DOLMEN has been a true labor of love over the last year, but we need your support to help us cross the finish line and finally release the game next year,” said Pedro Bastos, Producer at Massive Work Studio. “We’d like to thank everyone in advance for their contributions and role in bringing DOLMEN to life — it truly means a lot to us. If you’re attending PAX East 2018, we hope you’ll stop by our booth to check out the game for yourself!”
DOLMEN challenges players to adapt to survive against the harsh elements and eldritch monstrosities belonging to a hostile alien world. Players crashland onto Revion Prime, the location of the greatest recorded massacre in galactic history. The corpses of those who lived there long ago and lost their lives to war orbit the planet — like a mass grave suspended in time. As the sole survivor of a crew of astronauts, pulled from charted space and abducted into a distant future, you awake below the planet’s surface with no supplies. Being alone on Revion Prime is like having been forgotten by life itself. With no answers as to how you got there, or what happened to your crew, your journey begins in the dark.
Revion Prime is unforgiving; you’ll learn that the hard way. Your key to survival is adaptation and exploration. All gear, including armor, weapons and consumables, must be harvested from the finite resources available on the planet as you try to survive, and power your space suit with Reactors to gain new attributes. The abominable beings that populate the planet react dynamically and differently when attacked, but by gaining experience, you can level up your character to improve your chances of survival. Don’t forget to stock your base or risk losing it all.
DOLMEN’s Key Features:
● Explore a Devastated, Darkly Beautiful Planet: Revion Prime is an alien world, with environments inspired by the work of macabre artists like H.R. Giger and H.P. Lovecraft, that challenges you to unearth its dark history by connecting fragments of the past.
● Engage in Fast-Paced Dynamic Combat: Combat is intense and heavily based on timing, mixing melee-based attacks, Over-the-Shoulder (OTS) perspective long-range shooting and the use of defensive maneuvers such as dodging and blocking.
● Adapt or Perish; Craft to Survive: Mankind, so we believe, has become a prevalent species due to its ability to endure and adapt to inhospitable environments. Build up your skills and scavenge what little resources are available to create items and customize your equipment. You’re going to need anything you can find to live to see another day.
Massive Work Studio is celebrating the launch of DOLMEN’s Kickstarter campaign at PAX East from April 5 – April 8, 2018 in the PAX Rising area (Booth #13121) in the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center (BCEC). Attendees can go hands-on with the game and take home exclusive prizes for pledging to the Kickstarter campaign on-site.
- Dark Horse Books to Publish ‘Brooklyn Blood,’ A Police Procedural from Paul Levitz and Tim Hamilton - June 21, 2018
- ‘Last House on the Left’ (1972) Available on Blu-ray July 3rd, 2018 - June 20, 2018
- Dark Horse Brings Back the Kaiju-Packed Chaos of ‘Gamma’ - June 20, 2018
- Mary Robinette Kowal and Lawrence C. Connolly, Wednesday, June 20th at the KGB Bar - June 19, 2018
- ‘Stranger Things’ Comes to Dark Horse - June 18, 2018
- Bram Stoker’s ‘Shadowbuilder’ Coming August 28th from MVD Rewind - June 17, 2018
- Watch the First Trailer for ‘The Nun’ - June 16, 2018
- ‘Breaking In’ Unrated Director’s Cut Coming to Blu-ray and DVD This August from Universal Pictures Home Entertainment - June 15, 2018
- ‘Avengers #7’ to Reveal the Origin of the First Ghost Rider - June 14, 2018
- E3 2018: Watch the 8-Minute Trailer for ‘Death Stranding’ - June 12, 2018