Last year at New York Comic Con, Dark Horse announced the comic adaptation of Neil Gaiman’s American Gods. Ahead of this year’s New York Comic Con, Dark Horse is thrilled to reveal more details about the next nine-issue story, American Gods: My Ainsel, which follows Shadow Moon and Mr. Wednesday as they continue their bizarre trans American road trip to recruit reinforcements for the imminent god war.
P. Craig Russell and Scott Hampton (Hellboy, Batman) return to bring more of Neil Gaiman’s award-winning novel to life in American Gods: My Ainsel. P. Craig Russell previously adapted Neil Gaiman’s Coraline and The Graveyard Book. Scott Hampton illustrates the complex world Gaiman created. Glenn Fabry (Preacher) and Adam Brown (Predator vs. Judge Dredd vs. Aliens) return to create hauntingly beautiful cover art. David Mack (Kabuki, Fight Club 2) returns with gorgeous variant covers worthy of the Gods.
The first issue of American Gods: My Ainsel goes on sale March 14, 2018, and is available for preorder at your local comic shop.
Readers can catch up on the series by purchasing the hardcover collection of American Gods: Shadows. The 264-page American Gods: Shadows collects the first nine issues of the series, along with art process pieces layouts, character designs, and variant cover art by Becky Cloonan, Skottie Young, Fábio Moon, Dave McKean, and more! The hardcover goes on sale February 28, 2018, and is available for preorder on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, TFAW, and at your local comic shop.
Praise for American Gods:
”Provocative yet fun…Gaiman has applied his vast breadth of knowledge about all things mythological to a truly high concept…American Gods works because of Gaiman’s singular control over the proceedings, his nimble and intelligent voice, and his gift for painting spectacle and splashing big themes across his canvas.”—Entertainment Weekly
“Gaiman has a deft hand with the mythologies he tinkers with here.”—The New York Times Book Review
“Original, engrossing, and endlessly inventive, a picaresque journey across America where the travelers are even stranger than the roadside attractions.”—George R. R. Martin
- The Trailer is Out for a ‘Series of Unfortunate Events’ Season 2! - February 22, 2018
- Creepiest Lullabies from Around the World - February 22, 2018
- ‘Heathen Volume 1’ Sells Out After YALSA Selection, Rushed to Second Print - February 21, 2018
- ‘Fangoria’ Rises from the Dead! - February 20, 2018
- The Soska Sisters Remake of ‘Rabid’ is Set to Infect the US! - February 19, 2018
- Check Out the Trailer for ‘The Child Remains’ - February 19, 2018
- ‘Lady Frankenstein and the Mummy’s Brain’ Premier - February 18, 2018
- Scream Factory Wants to Teach ‘Of Unknown Origins’ - February 17, 2018
- ‘City of the Dead’ (1960) Available on DVD and Blu-ray March 13th - February 16, 2018
- Loved ‘Ash Vs Evil Dead’ Season 2? You’ll Love These New Figures! - February 16, 2018