The new AT&T* AUDIENCE Network original series from Sonar Entertainment, Mr. Mercedes, is premiering Wednesday, Aug. 9 at 8 p.m. ET/PT. Watch it exclusively on AUDIENCE Network through DIRECTV, AT&T U-verse, and DIRECTV NOW.
Mr. Mercedes is based on the best-selling novel by Stephen King. David E. Kelley (Big Little Lies, Boston Legal, and Ally McBeal) wrote and adapted for television and Jack Bender (Lost, Under the Dome, Game of Thrones) directed multiple episodes. The duo serve as executive producers, along with King and Temple Hill Entertainment’s Marty Bowen and Wyck Godfrey. Sonar Entertainment is producing and distributing worldwide outside the US.
Mr. Mercedes stars Brendan Gleeson (Harry Potter) as Detective Bill Hodges, Harry Treadaway (Penny Dreadful) as Brady Hartsfield, Kelly Lynch (Magic City) as Deborah Hartsfield, Jharrel Jerome (Moonlight) as Jerome Robinson, Scott Lawrence (Avatar) as Detective Peter Dixon, Robert Stanton (Mercury Rising) as Anthony Robi Frobisher, Breeda Wool (Unreal) as Lou Linklatter, Justine Lupe (Francis Ha) as Holly Gibney, and Ann Cusack (Nightcrawler) as Olivia Trelawney, with Mary Louise-Parker (Weeds) as Janey Patterson, and Holland Taylor (The Truman Show) as Ida Silver.
Mr. Mercedes follows a demented killer Brady Hartsfield (Treadaway) who taunts a retired police detective Bill Hodges (Gleeson) with a series of lurid letters and emails, forcing the ex-cop to undertake a private, and potentially felonious, crusade to bring the killer to justice before he is able to strike again.
Stephen King describes Mr. Mercedes as his first hard-boiled detective tale. The novel was published by Scribner in June 2014 and became an immediate No. 1 New York Times Bestseller upon its release. Shortly after the release of the novel, King announced that Mr. Mercedes was the first of a projected trilogy. The second novel, Finders Keepers, was published by Scribner in June 2015, and the third novel, End of Watch, was published by Scribner in June 2016.
AUDIENCE Network offers a compelling lineup of original, provocative content. Its growing slate of critically acclaimed original series includes:
- MMA drama KINGDOM, starring Frank Grillo and Nick Jonas.
- Crime drama ICE, starring Cam Gigandet, Jeremy Sisto, Ray Winstone, and Donald Sutherland.
- Poly-romantic comedy YOU ME HER starring Greg Poehler, Rachel Blanchard and Priscilla Faia.
- Suspense-drama ROGUE, starring Cole Hauser, Meaghan Rath and Ashley Greene.
AT&T AUDIENCE Network is available on DIRECTV Ch. 239 or U-verse TV Ch. 1114 and via live streaming on the DIRECTV and U-verse apps and DIRECTV NOW.
*AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc.
- ‘Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles/Ghostbusters’ Comic Book Crossover Sequel Coming - July 22, 2017
- ‘Omen of Sorrow’ Teases Dracula is Vlad! - July 21, 2017
- SDCC 2017: Guillermo del Toro’s Emmy-Winning Series Gets the Graphic Novel Treatment with ‘Trollhunters: The Secret History of Trollkind’ - July 20, 2017
- SDCC 2017: David Harbour Signing in Dark Horse Booth - July 20, 2017
- ‘Haunted Towns’ is Coming to Destination America - July 20, 2017
- ‘Sleepy Hollow’ Season 4 Comes to DVD on September 26th - July 19, 2017
- You’d ‘Better Watch Out’ for This New Teaser Trailer! - July 18, 2017
- SDCC 2017 Will Have a VR ‘IT’ Experience and a Special ‘Annabelle: Creation’ Screening! - July 17, 2017
- ‘The Good Son’ Blu-ray Release August 1st, 2017 - July 16, 2017
- Release Details Are Out For ‘Cut Shoot Kill’ - July 15, 2017