The new AT&T* AUDIENCE Network original series from Sonar Entertainment, Mr. Mercedes, is premiering Wednesday, Aug. 9 at 8 p.m. ET/PT. Watch it exclusively on AUDIENCE Network through DIRECTV, AT&T U-verse, and DIRECTV NOW.
Mr. Mercedes is based on the best-selling novel by Stephen King. David E. Kelley (Big Little Lies, Boston Legal, and Ally McBeal) wrote and adapted for television and Jack Bender (Lost, Under the Dome, Game of Thrones) directed multiple episodes. The duo serve as executive producers, along with King and Temple Hill Entertainment’s Marty Bowen and Wyck Godfrey. Sonar Entertainment is producing and distributing worldwide outside the US.
Mr. Mercedes stars Brendan Gleeson (Harry Potter) as Detective Bill Hodges, Harry Treadaway (Penny Dreadful) as Brady Hartsfield, Kelly Lynch (Magic City) as Deborah Hartsfield, Jharrel Jerome (Moonlight) as Jerome Robinson, Scott Lawrence (Avatar) as Detective Peter Dixon, Robert Stanton (Mercury Rising) as Anthony Robi Frobisher, Breeda Wool (Unreal) as Lou Linklatter, Justine Lupe (Francis Ha) as Holly Gibney, and Ann Cusack (Nightcrawler) as Olivia Trelawney, with Mary Louise-Parker (Weeds) as Janey Patterson, and Holland Taylor (The Truman Show) as Ida Silver.
Mr. Mercedes follows a demented killer Brady Hartsfield (Treadaway) who taunts a retired police detective Bill Hodges (Gleeson) with a series of lurid letters and emails, forcing the ex-cop to undertake a private, and potentially felonious, crusade to bring the killer to justice before he is able to strike again.
Stephen King describes Mr. Mercedes as his first hard-boiled detective tale. The novel was published by Scribner in June 2014 and became an immediate No. 1 New York Times Bestseller upon its release. Shortly after the release of the novel, King announced that Mr. Mercedes was the first of a projected trilogy. The second novel, Finders Keepers, was published by Scribner in June 2015, and the third novel, End of Watch, was published by Scribner in June 2016.
AUDIENCE Network offers a compelling lineup of original, provocative content. Its growing slate of critically acclaimed original series includes:
- MMA drama KINGDOM, starring Frank Grillo and Nick Jonas.
- Crime drama ICE, starring Cam Gigandet, Jeremy Sisto, Ray Winstone, and Donald Sutherland.
- Poly-romantic comedy YOU ME HER starring Greg Poehler, Rachel Blanchard and Priscilla Faia.
- Suspense-drama ROGUE, starring Cole Hauser, Meaghan Rath and Ashley Greene.
AT&T AUDIENCE Network is available on DIRECTV Ch. 239 or U-verse TV Ch. 1114 and via live streaming on the DIRECTV and U-verse apps and DIRECTV NOW.
*AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc.
- The Third Trailer is Out for ‘Bright’ - December 17, 2017
- ‘The Occultist’ is Resurrected in Otherworldly Collection - December 16, 2017
- Are You Ready to Open ‘The Bone Box?’ - December 15, 2017
- Enjoy Some ‘SNL’-Inspired Gift Wrapping! - December 14, 2017
- ‘Attack of the Evil Poop:’ Not a Crappy Game! Indiegogo is Now Live! - December 13, 2017
- ‘Archie Comics’ is Set to Give Us “Vampironica!” - December 13, 2017
- Pre-Order ‘Hellmut: The Badass from Hell’ on GOG to Join Closed Beta - December 12, 2017
- The First Trailer is Out for ‘Alita: Battle Angel’ - December 11, 2017
- ‘Once Upon a Time at Christmas’ Available December 11th - December 11, 2017
- We Know You Want to Find Out When ‘Tyler Perry’s Boo! A Madea Halloween 2′ Blu-ray’ is Coming Out! - December 10, 2017