Amazon announced today the Amazon Original Series Lore will premiere on Friday, October 13 on Prime Video. Based on the popular podcast of the same name, which has an average of five million monthly listens, the anthology series presents the frightening and often disturbing tales based on real people and events that have led to our modern-day myths and legends. All six episodes of the series, from Executive Producers Ben Silverman (The Office), Howard T. Owens (The Biggest Loser), Gale Anne Hurd (The Walking Dead), Brett-Patrick Jenkins (Face Off), Glen Morgan (X-Files), Jon Halperin and Mark Mannucci (A Year in Space), will be available to Prime members globally on October 13.
Lore, featuring Robert Patrick (Terminator 2: Judgment Day), Kristin Bauer van Straten (True Blood), Adam Goldberg (Fargo) Holland Roden (Teen Wolf), Colm Feore (House of Cards) ,and Campbell Scott (The Amazing Spider-Man), combines documentary footage, narration, historical mixed media and cinematic scenes to bring to life terrifying, but true stories. Celebrating the origins of the horror genre, Lore explores the real-life tales behind pop culture’s most legendary horror myths, such as vampires, changelings, werewolves, séances, and possessed dolls.
Launched in March 2015 by Aaron Mahnke, the podcast Lore has generated a massive audience, was named “Best of” in 2015 and 2016 by Apple, and was listed as one of the “15 podcasts you need to hear in 2016” by Entertainment Weekly. The first book in Mahnke’s three-book series, The World of Lore, will be published on October 10 by Del Rey Books.
“Lore is a unique hybrid series that presents meticulously researched true life tales through a variety of mediums, in order to surprise and delight, and even unsettle,” said Conrad Riggs, Head of Unscripted, Amazon Originals. “We are thrilled to once again provide Prime members unprecedented access into a world they thought they knew.”
Lore will feature fan-favorite episodes from the podcast, including the tale of a boy given a doll that seems to have a sinister life of its own; a family whose home appears to be inhabited by a spirit from the other side; and a German village that hunts for a murderous creature.
Prime members will be able to stream the series exclusively via the Amazon Prime Video app for TVs, connected devices including Fire TV, mobile devices and online at www.amazon.com/lore. Members can also download the series to mobile devices for offline viewing at no additional cost to their membership. The series will be a global release and available on PrimeVideo.com for Prime Video members in more than 200 countries and territories.
- Scream Factory Wants to Teach ‘Of Unknown Origins’ - February 17, 2018
- ‘City of the Dead’ (1960) Available on DVD and Blu-ray March 13th - February 16, 2018
- Loved ‘Ash Vs Evil Dead’ Season 2? You’ll Love These New Figures! - February 16, 2018
- Cassandra Khaw and Peternelle van Arsdale Wednesday, February 21st at the KGB Bar - February 15, 2018
- ‘Twilight People’ (1972) Available on Blu-ray and DVD March 13th - February 14, 2018
- This April Take Home ‘Deep Blue Sea 2!’ - February 14, 2018
- This May You Can Visit ‘The House That Dripped Blood!’ - February 13, 2018
- ‘Diviner’ by Dawn G. Harris Available in March from Telos Publishing - February 12, 2018
- ‘House of the Edge of the Park’ and ‘Last House on Massacre Street’ Double-Feature Blu-Ray Out March 6th - February 11, 2018
- ‘The Shape Of Water’ is Swimming Home on March 13th! - February 10, 2018