Momentum Pictures announced today that THE INSTITUTE will be released on March 3, 2017, in theaters and on VOD. THE INSTITUTE is the third collaboration between co-directors James Franco and Pamela Romanowsky. Produced by James Franco, Vince Jolivette, Jay Davis, Christa Campbell, Lati Grobman, and Scott Reed, the film is a production of Rabbit Bandini Productions.
Set in 19th century Baltimore, THE INSTITUTE tells the story of Isabel Porter (Allie Gallerani), who, stricken with grief from her parents’ untimely death, voluntarily checks herself into the Rosewood Institute. Subjected to bizarre and increasingly violent pseudo-scientific experiments in personality modification, brainwashing, and mind control, she must escape the clutches of Rosewood and exact her revenge, or else be forever lost.
In addition to Gallerani, the film stars Franco, Joe Pease, Scott Haze, Lori Singer, Tim Blake Nelson, and Josh Duhamel. Franco previously starred in the Pamela Romanowsky-helmed THE ADDERALL DIARIES after they were classmates at New York University’s film school, as well as a short film directed by her entitled TAR. In addition to holding her MFA in directing from NYU, Romanosky is an alumna of The Sundance Institute’s Screenwriting, Directing, and Composition & Sound labs, and the Creative Producing Summit, and she is also a current fellow with Sundance’s Female Filmmaker Initiative.
“I like to find people who I can collaborate with where we can balance out our own experiences, be it behind the camera, in front, or in a world outside of filmmaking where we can bring academia and real events into frame,” says Franco. “I’ve been fortunate to work with Pamela on various projects over the years and felt a great relief leaving this story in her hands.”
- Scream Factory Wants to Teach ‘Of Unknown Origins’ - February 17, 2018
- ‘City of the Dead’ (1960) Available on DVD and Blu-ray March 13th - February 16, 2018
- Loved ‘Ash Vs Evil Dead’ Season 2? You’ll Love These New Figures! - February 16, 2018
- Cassandra Khaw and Peternelle van Arsdale Wednesday, February 21st at the KGB Bar - February 15, 2018
- ‘Twilight People’ (1972) Available on Blu-ray and DVD March 13th - February 14, 2018
- This April Take Home ‘Deep Blue Sea 2!’ - February 14, 2018
- This May You Can Visit ‘The House That Dripped Blood!’ - February 13, 2018
- ‘Diviner’ by Dawn G. Harris Available in March from Telos Publishing - February 12, 2018
- ‘House of the Edge of the Park’ and ‘Last House on Massacre Street’ Double-Feature Blu-Ray Out March 6th - February 11, 2018
- ‘The Shape Of Water’ is Swimming Home on March 13th! - February 10, 2018