What the Waters Left Behind will make its world premiere at the upcoming SITGES Film Festival on October where it will compete in the “Midnight X-treme” category.
The trailer of the film had its world premiere at CANNES Film Festival on May 20th together with 10 min. of early-cut screening. What the Waters Left Behind was the winner of the First Fantasy Film Competition organized by INCAA in Argentina.
Epecuén was one of the most important touristic villages of Argentina. Thousands of people concurred, attracted by the healing properties of its thermal waters. On November 10th, 1985, a huge volume of water broke the protecting embankment and the village was submerged under ten meters of salt water. Epecuén disappeared. Thirty years later, the waters receded and the ruins of Epecuén emerged exposing a bleak and deserted landscape. The residents never returned.
The plot revolves around a group of young people that take a trip to the ruins in order to film a documentary about Epecuén. Ignoring the warnings, and after a brief tour, they get stranded in the abandoned village. Contrary to what they thought, they begin to realize that they are really not alone…
Directors: Luciano and Nicolás Onetti
Script: Carlos Goitia, Nicolás Onetti and Luciano Onetti
Producer: Nicolás Onetti
Executive Producers: Michael Kraetzer, Mariano Oliveros, Fernanda Goitia, Diego Savignano
Associate Producers: Pablo Guisa Koestinger, Laura Sanchez Acosta, María Paula Ríos, Valeria Bistagnino
Production Company: Black Mandala Films, Rusty Robot and Onetti Brothers Productions
Director of Photography: Facundo Nuble
Art Director: Sebastián Del Prado
Costume Designer: Carolina Barbie Cichetto
Editor: Luciano Onetti
Music by: Luciano Onetti
CAST: MIRTA BUSNELLI, GUSTAVO GARZON, AGUSTIN PARDELLA, VICTORIA MAURETTE, VICTORIO D`ALESSANDRO, DAMIAN DREIZIK, PAULA BRASCA, PAULA SARTOR, CHUCHO FERNANDEZ, GERMAN BAUDINO, EVAN LEED, TAMARA GARZON.
- Mondo is Celebrating ‘Planet of the Apes’ with New Mugs! - April 24, 2018
- Here is What You Can Expect from the ‘Pacific Rim Uprising’ This June! - April 23, 2018
- ‘Abominable’ (2006) – Special Edition Blu-ray/DVD Available 6/12 - April 23, 2018
- This May You Can Take Home ‘Annihilation!’ - April 22, 2018
- NECA Wants You to Celebrate ‘The Fog’ with This New Action Figure! - April 20, 2018
- This Summer, Vestron is Bringing Us ‘Dagon!’ - April 18, 2018
- Bill Oberst/Rachel Alig Spookfest ‘At Granny’s House’ Now Available - April 18, 2018
- ‘Followers,’ a Chilling Found-Footage Thriller for the Social Media Age, Arrives on DVD May 1st - April 17, 2018
- Danny Trejo in Sci-Fi Action Thriller ‘Cartel 2045’ - April 16, 2018
- This May, Pray You’re Not on the… ‘Dead List!’ - April 16, 2018