What the Waters Left Behind will make its world premiere at the upcoming SITGES Film Festival on October where it will compete in the “Midnight X-treme” category.
The trailer of the film had its world premiere at CANNES Film Festival on May 20th together with 10 min. of early-cut screening. What the Waters Left Behind was the winner of the First Fantasy Film Competition organized by INCAA in Argentina.
Epecuén was one of the most important touristic villages of Argentina. Thousands of people concurred, attracted by the healing properties of its thermal waters. On November 10th, 1985, a huge volume of water broke the protecting embankment and the village was submerged under ten meters of salt water. Epecuén disappeared. Thirty years later, the waters receded and the ruins of Epecuén emerged exposing a bleak and deserted landscape. The residents never returned.
The plot revolves around a group of young people that take a trip to the ruins in order to film a documentary about Epecuén. Ignoring the warnings, and after a brief tour, they get stranded in the abandoned village. Contrary to what they thought, they begin to realize that they are really not alone…
Directors: Luciano and Nicolás Onetti
Script: Carlos Goitia, Nicolás Onetti and Luciano Onetti
Producer: Nicolás Onetti
Executive Producers: Michael Kraetzer, Mariano Oliveros, Fernanda Goitia, Diego Savignano
Associate Producers: Pablo Guisa Koestinger, Laura Sanchez Acosta, María Paula Ríos, Valeria Bistagnino
Production Company: Black Mandala Films, Rusty Robot and Onetti Brothers Productions
Director of Photography: Facundo Nuble
Art Director: Sebastián Del Prado
Costume Designer: Carolina Barbie Cichetto
Editor: Luciano Onetti
Music by: Luciano Onetti
CAST: MIRTA BUSNELLI, GUSTAVO GARZON, AGUSTIN PARDELLA, VICTORIA MAURETTE, VICTORIO D`ALESSANDRO, DAMIAN DREIZIK, PAULA BRASCA, PAULA SARTOR, CHUCHO FERNANDEZ, GERMAN BAUDINO, EVAN LEED, TAMARA GARZON.
- John Carpenter’s ‘Halloween’ Coming to 4K Ultra HD on September 25th - August 1, 2018
- Watch the Trailer for M. Night Shyamalan’s ‘Glass’ - July 31, 2018
- Dark Horse Books to Publish ‘Brooklyn Blood,’ A Police Procedural from Paul Levitz and Tim Hamilton - June 21, 2018
- ‘Last House on the Left’ (1972) Available on Blu-ray July 3rd, 2018 - June 20, 2018
- Dark Horse Brings Back the Kaiju-Packed Chaos of ‘Gamma’ - June 20, 2018
- Mary Robinette Kowal and Lawrence C. Connolly, Wednesday, June 20th at the KGB Bar - June 19, 2018
- ‘Stranger Things’ Comes to Dark Horse - June 18, 2018
- Bram Stoker’s ‘Shadowbuilder’ Coming August 28th from MVD Rewind - June 17, 2018
- Watch the First Trailer for ‘The Nun’ - June 16, 2018
- ‘Breaking In’ Unrated Director’s Cut Coming to Blu-ray and DVD This August from Universal Pictures Home Entertainment - June 15, 2018