Comic readers, beware, you’re in for a scare! New comic book adventures will beckon young readers into the world of R.L. Stine’s bestselling Goosebumps series. IDW Publishing will bring funny scares to the next generation of Goosebumps readers this October.
This year, the Goosebumps book series published by Scholastic celebrates 25 years of giving readers… well, goosebumps, and IDW is thrilled to add to the chills with original stories that re-visit some familiar and frightening faces. Fearsome monsters will populate the Goosebumps comics, and our spunky heroes will need to work together to get out of some truly bumpy spots.
“My first reading thrill when I was a kid were the EC horror comics, Tales from the Crypt and The Vault of Horror,” said R.L. Stine. “They introduced me to the excitement of reading. Now all these years later, I have another thrill–seeing my stories and characters come to life in a comic book series of their own.”
The first Goosebumps storyline, “Monsters at Midnight,” will kick off with writer Jeremy Lambert (Attack on Titan Anthology) and artist Chris Fenoglio (X-Files: Origins), who will transport readers to a hauntingly familiar setting called Horrorland—a world of terrifying possibilities originally introduced in the Goosebumps novels. Mia and Ginny were planning on spending a thoroughly dull summer at Grandma’s house with nothing but mothballs to entertain them. Enter a spooky, old bookshop and a door left slightly ajar, and soon these sisters find themselves trapped in a Horrorland drastically different from the sleepy, suburban town they left behind.
Each three-issue arc will feature a brand-new, self-contained story with rotating creative teams. And good news for monster collectors—each single issue will have creep-tastic variant covers by artists such as Derek Charm, Drew Rausch, CP Wilson III, Cat Farris, and more!
Read at your own risk!
- John Carpenter’s ‘Halloween’ Coming to 4K Ultra HD on September 25th - August 1, 2018
- Watch the Trailer for M. Night Shyamalan’s ‘Glass’ - July 31, 2018
- Dark Horse Books to Publish ‘Brooklyn Blood,’ A Police Procedural from Paul Levitz and Tim Hamilton - June 21, 2018
- ‘Last House on the Left’ (1972) Available on Blu-ray July 3rd, 2018 - June 20, 2018
- Dark Horse Brings Back the Kaiju-Packed Chaos of ‘Gamma’ - June 20, 2018
- Mary Robinette Kowal and Lawrence C. Connolly, Wednesday, June 20th at the KGB Bar - June 19, 2018
- ‘Stranger Things’ Comes to Dark Horse - June 18, 2018
- Bram Stoker’s ‘Shadowbuilder’ Coming August 28th from MVD Rewind - June 17, 2018
- Watch the First Trailer for ‘The Nun’ - June 16, 2018
- ‘Breaking In’ Unrated Director’s Cut Coming to Blu-ray and DVD This August from Universal Pictures Home Entertainment - June 15, 2018