Comic readers, beware, you’re in for a scare! New comic book adventures will beckon young readers into the world of R.L. Stine’s bestselling Goosebumps series. IDW Publishing will bring funny scares to the next generation of Goosebumps readers this October.
This year, the Goosebumps book series published by Scholastic celebrates 25 years of giving readers… well, goosebumps, and IDW is thrilled to add to the chills with original stories that re-visit some familiar and frightening faces. Fearsome monsters will populate the Goosebumps comics, and our spunky heroes will need to work together to get out of some truly bumpy spots.
“My first reading thrill when I was a kid were the EC horror comics, Tales from the Crypt and The Vault of Horror,” said R.L. Stine. “They introduced me to the excitement of reading. Now all these years later, I have another thrill–seeing my stories and characters come to life in a comic book series of their own.”
The first Goosebumps storyline, “Monsters at Midnight,” will kick off with writer Jeremy Lambert (Attack on Titan Anthology) and artist Chris Fenoglio (X-Files: Origins), who will transport readers to a hauntingly familiar setting called Horrorland—a world of terrifying possibilities originally introduced in the Goosebumps novels. Mia and Ginny were planning on spending a thoroughly dull summer at Grandma’s house with nothing but mothballs to entertain them. Enter a spooky, old bookshop and a door left slightly ajar, and soon these sisters find themselves trapped in a Horrorland drastically different from the sleepy, suburban town they left behind.
Each three-issue arc will feature a brand-new, self-contained story with rotating creative teams. And good news for monster collectors—each single issue will have creep-tastic variant covers by artists such as Derek Charm, Drew Rausch, CP Wilson III, Cat Farris, and more!
Read at your own risk!
- ‘The 13th Friday’ Premieres on Digital this October! - September 20, 2017
- Are You Ready to ‘Die Laughing?’ - September 19, 2017
- Dark Horse Books Announces the ‘Hellboy’ Omnibus Collection - September 18, 2017
- ‘Stone Cold Dead’ Out on DVD and Blu-ray October 3rd, 2017 - September 18, 2017
- You’d ‘Better Watch Out’ for This New Red Band Trailer! - September 17, 2017
- ‘Rawhead Rex’ Out on Blu-ray and DVD October 17th, 2017 - September 16, 2017
- Check Out the Official Trailer for ‘Tragedy Girls’ - September 15, 2017
- The ‘Itsy Bitsy’ Trailer Isn’t For Anyone Afraid of Spiders! - September 14, 2017
- ‘The Exorcist’ meets ‘Stranger Things’ in ‘Watch Over Us,’ Premiering on VOD this September - September 13, 2017
- Check Out the ‘Blood Dynasty’ Trailer! - September 13, 2017