Bigmoon Entertainment and Camel 101 announced today that Syndrome, a survival horror game is coming to Sony Playstation 4, Microsoft Xbox One and PC with compatibility for PS VR, HTC Vive and Oculus Rift on October 6th. Taking place on board the claustrophobic corridors of the SPS Valkenburg, a deep space exploration and science ship, Syndrome teems with physical threats and psychologic sci-fi horror as you use stealth and evasion to explore the desolate spaceship and unravel the catastrophic events that led to its demise.
“Syndrome places you in a living hell aboard a deserted spaceship, with only stealth and your intuition to guide you as you start to find the bodies of dead crewmen,” said Paulo J. Games, Game Director of Bigmoon Entertainment. “Be warned, as hardcore horror genre fans, we made sure the experience is truly terrifying – especially on VR – so give it a try and see for yourselves, if you dare.”
Syndrome takes the horror genre back to its terrifying roots as players wake up on a deserted and adrift spaceship, dazed and confused from a deep cryosleep, only to discover that most of the crew are dead or… changed. In order to survive the horrors that lurk in the shadows, players must explore the eerie confines of the ship in search of the last few weapons aboard, moving as stealthily as possible to evade direct enemy combat. Amidst numerous reactive adversaries awaiting close by, players interact with keypads and computer consoles to find clues as to what happened aboard and how to escape the deadly syndrome alive.
The game includes an endless VR Survival mode that places players in a horrifying position as they scavenge the ship for weapons and supplies to face waves after waves of enemies set to destroy and dismember anything in their sight. How many days will you survive?
Syndrome has been nominated for several awards, including AMG’s Best Graphics Award and Reboot Develop’s Best Indie Award. Syndrome will be distributed in Europe by Funbox Media for PC, Playstation 4 and Xbox One for horror enthusiasts to dive into on October 6th, priced at 34.99£ / 39.99€ / $39.99.
Find out more about Syndrome at http://syndromegame.com/.
- John Carpenter’s ‘Halloween’ Coming to 4K Ultra HD on September 25th - August 1, 2018
- Watch the Trailer for M. Night Shyamalan’s ‘Glass’ - July 31, 2018
- Dark Horse Books to Publish ‘Brooklyn Blood,’ A Police Procedural from Paul Levitz and Tim Hamilton - June 21, 2018
- ‘Last House on the Left’ (1972) Available on Blu-ray July 3rd, 2018 - June 20, 2018
- Dark Horse Brings Back the Kaiju-Packed Chaos of ‘Gamma’ - June 20, 2018
- Mary Robinette Kowal and Lawrence C. Connolly, Wednesday, June 20th at the KGB Bar - June 19, 2018
- ‘Stranger Things’ Comes to Dark Horse - June 18, 2018
- Bram Stoker’s ‘Shadowbuilder’ Coming August 28th from MVD Rewind - June 17, 2018
- Watch the First Trailer for ‘The Nun’ - June 16, 2018
- ‘Breaking In’ Unrated Director’s Cut Coming to Blu-ray and DVD This August from Universal Pictures Home Entertainment - June 15, 2018