Independent developer Deconstructeam and amateur bartenders Devolver Digital announced that point and click thriller The Red Strings Club will launch Jan. 22. Eager cyberpunk fans can pre-order now on Steam to receive 20 percent off and a copy of Deconstructeam’s debut game, Gods Will Be Watching, for free or as a giftable copy if they already own it.
The Red Strings Club is a cyberpunk narrative experience about fate and happiness featuring the extensive use of pottery, bartending, and impersonating people on the phone to take down a corporate conspiracy. The professed altruistic corporation Supercontinent Ltd. is on the verge of releasing Social Psyche Welfare, a system which will eliminate depression, anger and fear from society. However, the bartender of a clandestine club and a freelance hacker don’t regard this evolution as an improvement, but as brainwashing. Alongside unwitting company employees and a rogue empathy android, the duo will pull all the strings they can to bring down this scheme.
Deconstructeam first splashed on the indie game scene with 2014’s Gods Will Be Watching, a game jam project turned debut release with partner Devolver Digital. The team’s first effort went on to gain critical acclaim for its bold narrative and unorthodox approach to the point and click adventure genre. The team has continued their work with notable entries in the world’s largest game jam competitions, with a few of these experiments coming together to assemble The Red Strings Club.
- The Trailer is Out for a ‘Series of Unfortunate Events’ Season 2! - February 22, 2018
- Creepiest Lullabies from Around the World - February 22, 2018
- ‘Heathen Volume 1’ Sells Out After YALSA Selection, Rushed to Second Print - February 21, 2018
- ‘Fangoria’ Rises from the Dead! - February 20, 2018
- The Soska Sisters Remake of ‘Rabid’ is Set to Infect the US! - February 19, 2018
- Check Out the Trailer for ‘The Child Remains’ - February 19, 2018
- ‘Lady Frankenstein and the Mummy’s Brain’ Premier - February 18, 2018
- Scream Factory Wants to Teach ‘Of Unknown Origins’ - February 17, 2018
- ‘City of the Dead’ (1960) Available on DVD and Blu-ray March 13th - February 16, 2018
- Loved ‘Ash Vs Evil Dead’ Season 2? You’ll Love These New Figures! - February 16, 2018