Don’t Look, the first feature film for Latina director Luciana Faulhaber, has been acquired by Wild Eye Releasing.
In Don’t Look – a slasher horror feature with touches of dark humor – newcomer Faulhaber injects current events into the traditional horror genre tropes.
“It was important for me to create work that shows the female characters as they are in real life – none of us are waiting to be saved by some prince charming,” said film director and co-producer Luciana Faulhaber, who also plays a role in the film.
Don’t Look centers on five New York City Millennials who escape the big city for a rustic Thanksgiving weekend in country. But as will happen in horror, something threatens to shatter their peaceful getaway and they are targeted for murder.
Javier E. Gomez, a co-producer of Don’t Look and co-founder with Luciana of Enuff Productions, said: “I am thankful to Wild Eye Releasing for believing in Don’t Look, and introducing our work to audiences across the globe through traditional and digital platforms. We are very proud to become part of the WER family and we look forward to working with the company in the rolling out the plan to bring Don’t Look directly to audiences.”
Don’t Look will have its Los Angeles premiere next month at North Hollywood CineFest and its Latin American premiere will take place in April, at the Rock Horror Film Festival in Rio de Janeiro. The film is scheduled for VOD release in late 2018. More details about the VOD release and other forms of digital and traditional showings will be announced in upcoming months. The producers are Luciana Faulhaber, Javier E. Gomez, Lindsay Eshelman, Daniel Shaw and Jessica Boucher, who is also one of the film’s writers.
Meanwhile, Luciana and Javier, who started their production partnership over ten years ago producing for the New York stage, are already working on their next projects: a comedy pilot about a young reporter coming to terms with his identity and gay sexuality, in a dying Latino newspaper in NYC – to be shot in 2018- and a film adaptation of a best-selling Latin American novel.
- John Carpenter’s ‘Halloween’ Coming to 4K Ultra HD on September 25th - August 1, 2018
- Watch the Trailer for M. Night Shyamalan’s ‘Glass’ - July 31, 2018
- Dark Horse Books to Publish ‘Brooklyn Blood,’ A Police Procedural from Paul Levitz and Tim Hamilton - June 21, 2018
- ‘Last House on the Left’ (1972) Available on Blu-ray July 3rd, 2018 - June 20, 2018
- Dark Horse Brings Back the Kaiju-Packed Chaos of ‘Gamma’ - June 20, 2018
- Mary Robinette Kowal and Lawrence C. Connolly, Wednesday, June 20th at the KGB Bar - June 19, 2018
- ‘Stranger Things’ Comes to Dark Horse - June 18, 2018
- Bram Stoker’s ‘Shadowbuilder’ Coming August 28th from MVD Rewind - June 17, 2018
- Watch the First Trailer for ‘The Nun’ - June 16, 2018
- ‘Breaking In’ Unrated Director’s Cut Coming to Blu-ray and DVD This August from Universal Pictures Home Entertainment - June 15, 2018