Don’t Look, the first feature film for Latina director Luciana Faulhaber, has been acquired by Wild Eye Releasing.
In Don’t Look – a slasher horror feature with touches of dark humor – newcomer Faulhaber injects current events into the traditional horror genre tropes.
“It was important for me to create work that shows the female characters as they are in real life – none of us are waiting to be saved by some prince charming,” said film director and co-producer Luciana Faulhaber, who also plays a role in the film.
Don’t Look centers on five New York City Millennials who escape the big city for a rustic Thanksgiving weekend in country. But as will happen in horror, something threatens to shatter their peaceful getaway and they are targeted for murder.
Javier E. Gomez, a co-producer of Don’t Look and co-founder with Luciana of Enuff Productions, said: “I am thankful to Wild Eye Releasing for believing in Don’t Look, and introducing our work to audiences across the globe through traditional and digital platforms. We are very proud to become part of the WER family and we look forward to working with the company in the rolling out the plan to bring Don’t Look directly to audiences.”
Don’t Look will have its Los Angeles premiere next month at North Hollywood CineFest and its Latin American premiere will take place in April, at the Rock Horror Film Festival in Rio de Janeiro. The film is scheduled for VOD release in late 2018. More details about the VOD release and other forms of digital and traditional showings will be announced in upcoming months. The producers are Luciana Faulhaber, Javier E. Gomez, Lindsay Eshelman, Daniel Shaw and Jessica Boucher, who is also one of the film’s writers.
Meanwhile, Luciana and Javier, who started their production partnership over ten years ago producing for the New York stage, are already working on their next projects: a comedy pilot about a young reporter coming to terms with his identity and gay sexuality, in a dying Latino newspaper in NYC – to be shot in 2018- and a film adaptation of a best-selling Latin American novel.
- Nothing Says 4K Like an Updated Release of ‘Schlock!’ - March 20, 2018
- This Casting News is ‘Heartless’ - March 19, 2018
- AMC and Fathom Events Are Bringing ‘The Walking Dead’ and ‘Fear The Walking Dead’ to the Big Screen! - March 18, 2018
- It’s Time to Experience The ‘Wildling’ - March 17, 2018
- Scream Factory Wants You to Watch ‘Cyborg’ - March 16, 2018
- Bone Yard (1991) Out on DVD and Blu-ray April 24th - March 14, 2018
- Killer Klowns from Outer Space Out on Blu-ray April 24th! - March 12, 2018
- The US Will Be Getting a Visit from ‘Mandy’ - March 9, 2018
- Salem Fest 2018 Has Tapped Ryan Turek as Their Keynote Speaker! - March 8, 2018
- The ‘Full Moon High’ Special Edition is Getting New Audio Commentary! - March 8, 2018