An Original Graphic Novel from the Creator of Hellboy and the Artist of Helena Crash about Vampire Hunters, the Annual Festival of the Undead, and Avoiding The Crime Scene of Your Wife’s Death
Mike Mignola, the legendary creator of Hellboy, and Warwick Johnson-Cadwell, the acclaimed artist of Helena Crash, are creating an original graphic novel about vampire hunters, the undead, and the importance of avoiding the crime scene of your wife’s death. Mr. Higgins Comes Home is an unexpected and unusual stand-alone story, featuring all new characters in a send-up of classic vampire stories. Dark Horse Comics will release Mr. Higgins Comes Home as a hardcover graphic novel in October, in time for Halloween, featuring a cover by Mignola colored by Eisner Award-winning colorist Dave Stewart.
“This one started when a mutual friend pointed out Warwick Johnson-Cadwell’s affection for sad werewolves. Then Warwick and I exchanges a few words about vampires and that was it,” said Mike Mignola. “Mr. Higgins Comes Home is my very obvious nod to any number of old Hammer Dracula films and my all-time favorite vampire film, Roman Polanski’s The Fearless Vampire Killers.”
In Mr. Higgins Comes Home, preparations begin at Castle Golga for the annual festival of the undead, as a pair of fearless vampire killers question a man hidden away in a monastery on the Baltic Sea. The mysterious Mr. Higgins wants nothing more than to avoid the scene of his wife’s death, and the truth about what happened to him in that castle. However, these heroic men, sworn to rid the world of the vampire scourge, inspire Higgins to venture out and to end the only suffering he really cares about–his own.
“Working on a project with Mike Mignola is an amazing thing to be able to do,” said Warwick Johnson-Cadwell. “His art and storytelling is a massive influence and inspiration for me and chatting with him about werewolves, vampires and the like was very exciting. When Mr. Higgins Comes Home turned up in my email I was in awe. It’s a rollicking vampire romp right in the Hammer vein and it’s a pleasure to be slapping that crimson goop they used for blood all over it.”
This outlandish tale, set outside the Mignolaverse, will go on sale in comic book stores on October 25, and in bookstores on October 31.
- A New Teaser Shows Off “The Town of Twin Peaks” - April 29, 2017
- Ink Stains Volume 3 – Book Review - April 28, 2017
- Hallmark Is Giving Us An Alien Ellen Ripley itty bittys Stuffed Figure - April 28, 2017
- Steam Has Just Gotten ‘Remothered: Tormented Fathers’ - April 27, 2017
- From Hell it Came (1957) – Blu-ray/DVD Release - April 26, 2017
- The Latest Promo For ‘Twin Peaks’ Talks About “The Darkness of Future Past” - April 25, 2017
- Casting and Details On ‘The Ranger’ - April 24, 2017
- Evil Corrupts Burbank with Director J. Horton’s ‘5 Sins:’ Early Casting Details - April 23, 2017
- Sideshow Is Betting Big On A Busty Vegas Themed Elvira Bust! - April 22, 2017
- ‘Unearthed and Untold: The Path to Pet Sematary’ to Show on Home Entertainment Formats in Late 2017! - April 21, 2017