These are the stories of things out of water—of sea bed deserts choked with ghosts; of the lonely, roving children of the fen. Here your garden grows belowground. You will be born into a cradle of your own bones, shadows will burst from your eyes, and your mouth will fill with thorns. Storms will twist inside you, and the ghosts of your past will follow you and chart your future.
Here, things are out of place—ectopic and unviable—and you will mourn the unborn, those underwater things out of water.
This Is Horror says of Out of Water: “Read solidifies her place in the dark fiction world, blending fantasy and horror with her unique voice and emotional perspective.” Meanwhile, Sarah’s collection earned a starred review from Publishers Weekly, which calls the collection “spellbinding” and says, “This collection is a must for lovers of arresting speculative fiction.”
- Channel Hex Launches Retro Horror Chat Show HEX TALKS - June 29, 2020
- Short Fiction: TELLING STORIES - June 27, 2020
- New on Amazon Prime: PARALYZED WITH FEAR - June 22, 2020
- Popcorn Frights and Shudder Partner for Drive-In Horrorshow - June 20, 2020
- EXILE at Cannes Film Market - June 19, 2020
- Free Fiction: HOBB’S TOP AND OTHER HORRORS - June 3, 2020
- Short Film: THE GAME OF THE CLOCK - May 22, 2020
- Book Review: THE BEST OF BOTH WORLDS - May 21, 2020
- Short Film: CHILDER - May 19, 2020
- Patricia Lillie at Kendall Reviews - May 13, 2020