Stoic, an independent game development company, and Versus Evil, one of the leading independent video game publishers, today announced that Banner Saga 2, sequel to the award-winning, BAFTA-nominated, role-playing strategy indie hit, The Banner Saga, is now available on the Nintendo Switch.
Banner Saga 2 delivers an emotionally driven sequel where choices and leadership decisions ultimately dictate the survival of the clan in a world being corrupted and consumed by the Darkness. Players must once again marshall a careful use of resources in a turbulent world where allegiances will be tested and sacrifices are inevitable. Players will also be tested in combat where skillful, tactical decisions in battle are vital to ensure survival against insurmountable odds. Banner Saga 2 carries over the decisions players made from the first game, with a narrative that is guided by the complex and sometimes difficult choices they have made.
“We are gearing up for the end, and with that comes the launch of Banner Saga 2 on Nintendo Switch. As we prepare to launch the third and final game in this epic award winning series this summer, Nintendo Switch fans get to continue their saga on the sequel, immersing themselves in stunning visuals, character building, tactical combat and the strong narrative that strategy players and RPG fans have come to expect from the Stoic team,” said Steve Escalante, General Manager of Versus Evil.
Banner Saga 3, the third and final installment of the mature themed role playing strategy series, will launch on July 26th, 2018 for PC, Mac, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch, with mobile platforms expected later this year. Current owners of The Banner Saga on Nintendo Switch will receive a 25% discount on Banner Saga 2 through the loyalty program.
The Banner Saga, which launched to much critical acclaim has received several awards and nominations, including winner of the 2014 Geekie Awards for “Best Video Game”, winner of 2014 Game Developers Choice: “Best Debut” award, finalist placement for “Excellence in Visual Arts” category at the Independent Game Festival, 3 BAFTA Award Nominations, and winner of Pocket Gamer’s 2015 Best Adventure/RPG Game and Best Android Game of the Year. The Banner Saga was nominated as Role Playing Game of the Year at th 18th annual DICE Awards, and Banner Saga 2 have been nominated for Strategy Game of the Year at the DICE and Game Awards events.
Banner Saga 2 is available on multiple formats including Steam for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One as well the App Store for iPad and iPhone, on Google Play and Amazon for Android devices and on Windows-based tablets.
Follow us on Twitter
Like us on Facebook
- John Carpenter’s ‘Halloween’ Coming to 4K Ultra HD on September 25th - August 1, 2018
- Watch the Trailer for M. Night Shyamalan’s ‘Glass’ - July 31, 2018
- Dark Horse Books to Publish ‘Brooklyn Blood,’ A Police Procedural from Paul Levitz and Tim Hamilton - June 21, 2018
- ‘Last House on the Left’ (1972) Available on Blu-ray July 3rd, 2018 - June 20, 2018
- Dark Horse Brings Back the Kaiju-Packed Chaos of ‘Gamma’ - June 20, 2018
- Mary Robinette Kowal and Lawrence C. Connolly, Wednesday, June 20th at the KGB Bar - June 19, 2018
- ‘Stranger Things’ Comes to Dark Horse - June 18, 2018
- Bram Stoker’s ‘Shadowbuilder’ Coming August 28th from MVD Rewind - June 17, 2018
- Watch the First Trailer for ‘The Nun’ - June 16, 2018
- ‘Breaking In’ Unrated Director’s Cut Coming to Blu-ray and DVD This August from Universal Pictures Home Entertainment - June 15, 2018