Card Deck Review: Vlad Dracula Tarot
Published by Rockpool Publishing (US $25.95; U.K. £21.99)
Reviewed by Wendy Stokes
Gold leaf edged cards in a red and black box with gold lettering. Card size: 2 and a half inches by 4 and a half inches. 78 cards plus guidebook.
After a visit to Romania and hearing stories of Vlad the Impaler (1431-1476), the author developed an obsession with the character, his exploits, and the times and place in which he lived.
His illustrations are in the style of traditional woodcuts and depict scenes from Vlad the Impaler’s life as warlord and Ruler of Wallachia. Travis uncovered and got translated many original political and military documents from the era.
As you lay the cards out, such as Tower, Devil or Nine of Swords, see these energies as positive rather than negative. A significant or card can be chosen from the deck to match someone for whom the reading is provided, such as Radu the Handsome, Lady Kalinikia, or Emperor Sigismund. The cards can be used with any tarot spread, but reader, be warned of the special kind of reading one might get from these cards.
Travis is an occultist living in Pennsylvania and has additionally authored ‘Occult Tarot’ and ‘Angel Tarot’.
It’s a great psychopath’s charter! Go for it!
Review by Wendy Stokes: https://wendystokes.co.uk
- Card Deck Review: The Witch’s Familiar Runic Oracle - November 3, 2023
- Card Deck Review: TRICK OR TREAT TAROT - October 31, 2023
- Card Deck Review: EARTH AND BONE ORACLE - October 30, 2023
- Card Deck Review: TAROT DRACONIS - October 28, 2023
- Card Deck Review: AFRICAN GODDESS RISING - October 26, 2023
- Card Deck Review: WITCHING HOUR ORACLE – Gerhardt - October 25, 2023
- Book Review: SEEKING THE SPIRITS OF PALO KIMBISA - October 24, 2023
- Card Deck Review: WITCHING HOUR ORACLE – Anderson - October 20, 2023
- Card Deck Review: THE GOBLIN MARKET TAROT - October 19, 2023
- Book Review: I, LUCIFER - October 15, 2023