In rising filmmaker Onur Tukel’s latest provocative comedy-drama APPLESAUCE, a married man is severely tested after a string of twisted, mysterious and frightening events. Following a world premiere at the 2015 Tribeca Film Festival, the enthusiastically reviewed film comes to digital EST and VOD from Dark Sky Films on November 24, 2015.
Every Tuesday night, radio talk show host Stevie Bricks invites his listeners to call in and share “the worst thing they’ve ever done.” Tonight, Ron Welz (writer/director Onur Tukel) is ready to share his story. But soon after he confesses on the air, someone starts sending him severed body parts. Ron becomes paranoid, terrified. His life begins to unravel. His marriage begins to fall apart. He has no idea who’s tormenting him. Is it his insolent high school student? Is it his best friend? His own wife? In a city like New York, there are eight million suspects and each one could have a bone to pick with someone like Ron.
Take dark comedy, mix it with noir, add a original and unusual movies of the year.
APPLESAUCE, which premiered at the Tribeca Film Festival, co-stars Max Casella (Doogie Howser M.D., Inside Llewyn Davis, Blue Jasmine), Trieste Kelly Dunn (Banshee, United 93), Dylan Baker (Spider-Man 2 and 3, Secretariat, Happiness), Jennifer Prediger (Apartment Troubles, A Teacher) and Karl Jacob (Pollywogs, The Dictator).
Eric Kohn of Indiewire called APPLESAUCE “riotous … spot-on urban satire.” Other critics’ superlatives include “morbidly comedic” (Patrick Cooper, Bloody Disgusting), “wonderful” (Dmitry Zvonkov, Stage and Cinema) and “rare and original … Tukel’s best work yet” (Jerry Smith, Icons of Fright).
- The Bone Mother – Book Review - December 6, 2017
- Journalstone October Newsletter - October 13, 2017
- July Journalstone Newsletter - July 19, 2017
- The Belko Experiment – Movie Review - July 14, 2017
- April Journalstone Newsletter - April 11, 2017
- The Demolisher – Movie Review - January 24, 2017
- Agatha – Movie Review - January 20, 2017
- November JournalStone Newsletter - November 4, 2016
- Enter to Win Tickets to See ‘From Dusk Till Dawn’ — Back in Theatres for Two Days Only! - October 25, 2016
- Help Celebrate the Release of ‘Freaks Anon’ – Enter to Win a Signed Copy! - October 10, 2016